He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, February 23, 2006

DARREN MAY HAVE A NEW JOB

Darren might have found another job. He has said a few times that he was getting tired of his Schwan's job because he isn't with the family much. A co-worker of his, who is his friend, found a job driving a cement truck out-of-state. Darren told me what state it was in but I forgot. He would work two weeks straight and then have one week off. The company pays for your plane ticket and hotel room while you are there. I even think that they pay for the plane ticket home too on your weeks off. Darren's friend said that he will make $45,000 per year when he starts this new job but he didn't say if there were any benefits offered though.

I am glad that Darren found a job that he thinks he will like better than what he's doing now, but I am hoping that he's not doing it for the money instead of doing it for the family. I know that we have it rough financially right now, but every young couple (especially with small children) go through rough times. We are not the only ones. I really don't want him gone that long. To have him away for a week right now is tough let alone two weeks. And if he is sick of Schwan's because he's not with the family enough how is this really going to help that? Plus, it's hard for me to do things when I have two children so if something goes wrong at the house, or some one gets really sick, or there is an accident I don't have any help except for my parents. My parents are wonderful people and they are there for me no matter what but with my dad's business taking off like it is and my mom still working Same Day Surgery at the hospital they are busy and away too. I just pray for nothing "suprising" while Darren is gone.

One of the main reasons why I am working on getting a degree is to get a job that will pay me a decent amount and then I can help pay bills to and bring money into the house for other expenses and maybe between the two of us we will have money to save for when we want to do something fun as a family or to just take a weekend and get away some where.

He is my husband so I will support him whatever he decides to do. It will be tough but they saying goes "absence makes the heart grow fonder". I just hope that is true. I can't imagine only having my husband around one week a month. I am going to really be living the whole single mother thing but we will get through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone