He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, February 23, 2006

FINALLY SOME SLEEP

Tuesday night was awful. Jessie was up every hour and half to two hours and I don't think I got much sleep at all. Then Jessie was up most of the day Wednesday and I was getting wore out and tired. My mom picked the girls and I up and took us to her house to spend the night. I was concerned at first because if Jessie was going to do the same thing again I would rather be at our house where I am comfortable but I was shocked. Jessie actually did great at my moms. In the evening after I nursed her, my mom rocked her and laid her down at nine and then Jessie didn't get up until three for her next feeding. I can't believe she slept six straight hours! It was the best nights sleep I have had since Jessie came home from the hospital. Today Jessie did great, she ate every four hours and slept soundly between feedings. Tonight, however, I nursed Jessie for about an hour and a half and she still didn't seem satisfied. Luckily I had some expressed breast milk in my mom's fridge from earlier in the day so I finger fed that to Jessie and she seemed very content afterwards. Then my mom rocked her again and put her to bed around eight thirty so I am hoping that she sleeps really good again tonight. I am so glad that my mom picked us up. I really needed the help and the little breaks that I get with my mom being around are wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone