He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

STUFF

The priest never called me back yesterday to go over details for the baptism. That was probably a good thing since Darren and I still haven't decided on God Parents. Now I am not sure if the baptism is going to be on the 6th or not now. If the priest doesn't call me today I will have to give him a call tomorrow.

Randy from Job Service called yesterday. Randy said that 3 years ago the state, under the Local Economic Developement Program, paid for 10 people to take the Medical Transcript class. He's not sure if the state is still doing that or not but he's going to check into it. I need to get them more info from the college like what the percentage of the class graduates and how many are placed in a job after graduation and the wages they receive and all that wonderful jazz. But isn't it my luck that before I get totally interested in Medical Transcription that the state PAYS for people to take the classes. Hopefully Job Service will find some way to help me.

My mom and I are planning to make a trip to Manvel on Saturday to go see my uncle and his family if the weather is nice. However Darren failed to tell me until today that Saturday is when Schwan's is having their Holiday party that they were supposed to have before Christmas. I want to go to the Christmas party but since I am breastfeeding I am going to have to find a time and place to pump every three hours and that could be difficult at a Christmas party. Also I was really looking forward to the trip to Manvel. I will have to think about it and decide later.

Cassie is doing wonderful being in big girl pants. She has been starting to use the bathroom by herself. It's been really nice not having to worry about her in diapers and wetting her pants. I am so shocked how fast she took to potty training though once she decided it was time. To all the people out there that will have to worry about potty training some day, I say wait until your child is ready. Don't force them to use the bathroom just because they are 2 or because family/friends think that your child needs to be potty trained right now. It goes so much more easier and smoothly when the child is ready to do it. Besides, if the child isn't ready and it just turns into a fight, you are screaming the poor kid is crying, that isn't going to convince them to use the bathroom at all. It will only drive them away from it.

Well, I better run. I have to call my distance coordinator at WSC about some of my classes and I need to pick up my house and do the dishes before my mom comes to pick us up tonight because the girls and I might spend the night at her place tonight since my dad isn't going to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone