He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

HUNTERS THAT PISS ME OFF

One thing that really pisses me off is the senseless and useless killing of animals. Now I'm not saying that I am a hippie huggin' animal lover nor am I a registered member of PETA cause the Lord knows I am excited when Darren shoots the squirrels in our yard (fricken squirrels) and I have killed a bird or two when I was younger but what I saw today really pissed me off.

While my dad and I were putting the rest of the fence up around the slough, there were 6 dead geese and 1 duck thrown, just discarded, over the shabby fence and laying right next to the slough on our land. Someone just killed them and threw them away like nothing.

My husband is a hunter and that doesn't bother me because Darren doesn't shoot what he doesn't need. The geese and deer that he shoots we eat or he knows someone who would like to have it and gives it to them. He wouldn't just shoot something to kill it and then throw it away.

My dad thinks that it's a local person just shooting them to kill them and then getting rid of them because if Game & Fish caught him/her with them the would be in big trouble. The slough WAS a perfect spot to dump them because we weren't using it and ever went back there...until today. I don't know if it's local or out-of-state hunters, but either way it doesn't make it right and it still makes me mad.

4 Comments:

  • At November 8, 2005 at 11:15 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I completely agree with you. I have no problem with hunting, but I can't understand why anyone would just kill something and throw it. If you really need to shoot something that bad just turn the gun towards your head...idiots....

     
  • At November 9, 2005 at 8:44 AM, Blogger April said…

    yup, thats like when they shoot a deer, and don't want to tag it because it isn't the 20 point buck they wanted.

     
  • At November 9, 2005 at 10:12 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I can't get over how obsessively compulsive hunters get over shooting shit. Don't you think he should have checked the deer out with binoculars to make sure it's the 20 point buck he wants instead of shooting it and then checking it out. I agree with Karissa, they should shoot themselves if they have to shoot something so badly.

     
  • At November 9, 2005 at 5:05 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    I read where there's been an "explosion" in the Canada Snow Goose population, and flocks are devastating crops all along the migratory flight path. I don't think for a moment this justifies killing them, but I can see how some farmers might be tempted. I happen to respect all life, both human and animal, but I know lots of people don't share that attitude. Just one of many things that suck in this world. Fortunately, however, there are more things that don't suck than those that do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone