He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, October 31, 2005

LONG DAY

I got Cassie in to see the doctor at 9:30 am. Cassie's lungs and everything sounded good so we didn't get anything but prescription cough syrup. I have only had to give it to her twice today which is nice. Now if her nose stops running we will be in great shape.

After seeing the doctor. We ran to Wal-Mart really fast for a last minute Halloween costume for Cassie. I picked up an outfit on sale for $7.00, a pair of bunny ears, and some face paint. She looked really cute. Cassie didn't wear the ears too long cause they were hard to keep on her head and she had wiped most of the face paint of in the first half hour. My mom drove our car while I went door to door with Cassie. Cassie had a lot of fun, she liked all the decorations and found all the pumkins fascinating. We were only out for about an hour and a half and Cassie got enough candy to fill a Wal-Mart bag.

Before going Trick-or-Treating, my mom, dad, Cassie, and I went to Tanya's funeral. It was really nice and they played this cool song by A Change Of Pace called I Hope Heaven Has A Radio. I would like to find the single and buy it, I liked it. A couple of gals also sung a song called Calling Every Angel that was a very pretty song. I don't know who sings it and I would like to know more about it. The service wasn't too long but then everyone had to drive from Leeds back to Churchs Ferry to a small country church were she was layed to rest. We didn't get back from the cemetery until a quarter after 5. During the course of the day, I kept thinking about a part in the movie, The Crow, where the cops make a comment "Who gets married on Halloween"....it never crossed my mind that people can be buried on Halloween. Now every Halloween from now on will be a little bit different.

Because the funeral and graveside service took so long, Cassie and I missed the Halloween party at the Community Center all together. That party was long done before we started out for Tricks-or-Treats. But there will be next year.

My day started out very early, Cassie was up by 7:30 am and I have had a long emotional day and I am ready for bed.

4 Comments:

  • At November 1, 2005 at 9:23 AM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    sounds like a rough coupla days. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Sounds like Cassie had a fun halloween, though.

     
  • At November 1, 2005 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Halloween was a blast. With everything that happend during the day, it was really nice to know that there was going to be something enjoyable at the end. Nothing makes me feel better than to see Cassie so happy.

     
  • At November 1, 2005 at 11:56 PM, Blogger April said…

    qThe funeral sounds like it was really nice. I kind of, just a little, regret not going, but at the same time, funerals creep me out, and I feel like I can handle it a little better by not going, and remembering her as I knew her.

    It didn't feel like Halloween to me either cause Tanya was on my mind all day, especially when her friend Heather L. brought in some pictures to have copied and printed... I didn't know who Heather was, then I opened the envelope and saw a whole bunch of pics of Tanya... then it hit me again, and Pete had to scan them cause Heather was in a hurry and I just didn't know it was coming then.. bam I open the envelope... anyway, it didn't feel like Halloween until I handed out treats to ghosts and rockstars at my door.

     
  • At August 16, 2007 at 2:23 PM, Blogger jerms110 said…

    I was a friend of Tanya's and I actually learned of her death by finding your page. I am hoping to come visit the site where her accident was and where she is burried. I would like to come in September but I have no idea where any of that is. If you have any information it would help me out very much. Thank you, Jeremy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone