He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, November 07, 2005

FENCING, SOLD HORSE, AND A SHORT VISIT

I took Cassie to the sitters around 11:30 cause my dad and I were going to finish fencing here at my place to get the horses moved back. My dad had to run to town and ended up stopping at the bank and my mom got home from work before my dad got home so I really didn't need to take Cassie over to the sitters. I was bummed cause that was $10 in a sitter fee that I wouldn't have had to pay but thankfully my mom paid the sitter for me and on Thursday I am going to pay my mom the $10 back. My dad and I got to my house around 4:30 to finish the fence. I was surprised cause we didn't think we would get it done and there is only about an hours worth of work to be done and we are finished with the north half of the pasture. My dad wants to come over around noon tomorrow to burn out the slough and then we can finish the west half and we are done and the horses can be moved. I am hoping that we get started right away tomorrow and a sitter fee isn't wasted again. I'm not complaining about it though cause Cassie loves to go over there and play with all the other kids anyway so it gave her something to do for 6 hours.

Tango has become a real pain in the ass lately and he's started to get out over at my parents house so my mom made the decision to sell him. He's pretty and we would like to keep him but we can't keep a animal like that just cause he's pretty. My mom called my neighbor who raises horses, and he owns Tango's daddy, to see if we could keep him in one of his stalls in his barn if he wasn't using all of them until next Friday so we could take him to the horse sale in DL. The guy called me this morning and said that he would buy him from us instead of taking him to a sale because the price of young horses right now is just ridiculous. A yearling is going for $25 to $50 bucks right now at sale barns. The man offered a price that was better than a sale barn so we told him that Tango was his and I hope we can get Tango dropped off at the guys barn and then bring the mares over tomorrow when the fences are finished.

I went out to the cemetery today where Tanya was buried. It's been a week since her funeral. It was really cold outside so I didn't linger too long though I was there long enough to say what I would have told her if I would have seen her before she died and I left a few things behind. As I was leaving this young deer walked out of the tree line on the west side of the cemetery and started eating the grass. It was weird cause it wasn't scared of the car and just looked at me like "thanks for the visit" and then continued to eat. I know this is going to sound completely dorky but it was like a sign saying that she heard me, or she understood, or that she was even there. It was odd (and stupid I know) but it made me feel really good. It even made me smile.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone