He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, October 30, 2005

CHURCH, VISITATION, AND FUNERAL DATE

I went with my mom to church today and I am very glad that I did because Tanya's father, Curtis, and her sister, Tiffany, were both there.

After church, Curtis came up to me and hugged me. He apologized for not calling me right away and telling me about the accident since Tanya and I were good high school friends. I told him there was no need to apologize because he had other things on his mind.

Curtis told me that the viewing and prayer service were this evening and that the funeral is tomorrow at 2 pm. He also wanted me to come up to the funeral home and be with the family for the viewing and prayer service.

After church I came home and told Darren that Tanya's dad talked to me and that he would like me to go to the viewing at 4:00. I hated to tell Darren that I wanted to be there because Darren is only home on the weekends, but Darren understood, so I took Cassie over to my mom's so that my mom could take Cassie to choir practice with her and I could go to the funeral home.

I am very glad that I went on Curtis request. Curtis and Tanya's mom, Marcy, talked to me a lot about the accident, what happened, and how people were doing. They also told me what Tanya had been up to and that Tanya and her fiance, Jesse Lee, were talking about wedding dates. It brought me a little peace, not enough to feel 100% comfortable about the whole situation, but enough where I can deal with it now. It also is going to make the funeral a lot easier too since I got to see how peaceful and great that Tanya looked. And not only do I see Tanya as dead and gone now, but I also have started to see the other side. The journey that God has promised all of us when our time has come and I am happy for her that she has reached that, even tough all of us think that it was too soon for her.

I called April and talked to her for a while and told her some of the things that Tanya's parents told me. I know that April is taking this hard as well so I hope that I gave her a few words of comfort to help the pain. I told her if she wanted to go to the funeral that she could come with us. April called me back later tonight and said that she doesn't want to go cause funerals are hard for her, and I don't blame her one bit, but if she decided to come she would call.

Cassie is still sick, her cough from a week ago still hasn't gone away so I am going to have to call the clinic tomorrow and see if I can get Cassie an appointment before or after the funeral. I haven't found a babysitter so I may have to take Cassie with me. If I have to, it's no bother cause my mom will be going with us and my mom said that she will stay in the car with Cassie when we go to the cemetery for the interment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone