He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, November 25, 2005

A GOOD TURKEY DAY

Thanksgiving was pretty relaxed. I made a turkey breast, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green beans, home made buns, and an Andes mint cream pie. It all turned out a lot better than I thought it would since this was the first time I had prepared Thanksgiving dinner myself. My brother stayed for a few hours and then headed back to Rolla because he had an article to write for the paper. Darren stayed until about 9:30 and then went back to Harvey. He said that it stopped snowing at Esmond and there still isn't any snow in Harvey at all. I wish we didn't have the snow we got yesterday, I don't know how bad that's going to effect getting my rural water. I have a guy coming out to dig the trench on Tuesday so I am hoping that I can call my dad and we can get everything connected the same day so I don't have to worry about my well freezing. If my well freezes while we are doing the work for the rural water, I won't have water at all and we will have to find a place to stay until the well unfreezes...which could take until spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone