He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

CLEANING AND A LITTLE VISIT

Mike is coming done from Rolla to celebrate Thanksgiving with us since nobody from our family or Darren's is going to be around. I really cleaned the living room and our bedroom (since the bedroom is the only room with a working toilet) and I have started on my kitchen and my just finish it up tomorrow morning after breakfast.

My mom made some fresh home made buns yesterday and sent three packages home with me...one bag for Mike, one for us, and one for our neighbor down the road. My mom called me on her way to Minneapolis and said that she left two bags of buns on her counter for Tanya Broden's parents and I could run them over to them. I had to run to town after EHS to get milk so I stopped and grabbed the buns. Everyone was home at the Broden's except for Tanya's sister Tiffany. Cassie and I stayed for about two hours just talking and laughing with Tanya's parents. Cassie spent most of her time chasing one of Tiffany's little kittens named Dexter and we had some good laughs over that too....thank god animal babies are tough!! I also think that Cassie has a crush on Tanya's brother Justin. I know that Cassie is only 2 but she remembered who Justin was from the last time we saw him two weeks ago. She kept saying "Hi Justin" and smiling, she wanted him to sit next to her on the couch in the living room, and when Just made himself a peanut butter sandwich with one of my mom's buns Cassie wanted on too. The surprising thing is that Justin did make her one too and she finished the WHOLE thing while sitting with Justin in the kitchen. I have never see Cassie eat an entire bun, especially with peanut butter on it. She was such a little flirt, but it was cute. Marcie (Tanya's mom) even said she was flirting too!! We didn't talk about Tanya and it was actually very nice to just have a normal conversation without feeling so terrible. It was really great to laugh and hear stories of what has been going on. Marcie told Cassie to come and visit again soon and I think I just might have to hold her up on that offer.

I was very surprised during the night last night. I don't think Cassie fell out of her bed once. I checked on her twice, once around 1:30 am and again around 4:00 am and she was in her bed both times I checked and Cassie was back in my room right on time to wake me up at 8:30. She was a little more quiet about it this time but she did keep peering over Darren's side of the bed and saying "get up mommy" until I started moving. I was dead to the world and I didn't even hear her come across the kitchen like I normally do so she did startle me a bit. I am waiting for the day when she learns all the correct buttons on the remote and she just turns on cartoons and watching them instead of coming to wake me up. And since I never noticed her out of her bed last night, I am hoping that she finally figured out her boundaries on her bed and won't fall too very often anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone