He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

BOMB THREAT

The only thing exciting to happen today was some dumb kid at the Leeds High School said that he/she was going to bring a bomb to school and blow up the school tomorrow. The student, from what I heard was taken to Devils Lake and school for Leeds High tomorrow has been canceled. All the students are going to have to make up the lost day on December 22nd, which would have been the first day of their Christmas vacation. I don't know if the student was male/female, how old, or in what grade. All I know is that this student's last name is Strand and used to go to one of the Devils Lake schools and got into trouble in Devils Lake. In Leeds, with the population of around 150 people, I doubt that would happen but now days with everything you hear on the news I guess you just never know.

4 Comments:

  • At November 23, 2005 at 9:57 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    From what I heard this kid was suspeneded from Devils Lake school. I remember someone at college telling me that her son had some trouble in DL so he drives to school in Leeds everyday, but I cannot think of who it was that said that to me. I guess this kid is a freshman and got into it with one of the local boys (I won't mention any names) and got into trouble,so he threatened this kds life. Supposedly they somehow got into his e-mail and found that he had been buying bomb supplies and downloading how-to's and they found today's date in an e-mail. This is all hearsay, but from a pretty good source. I hate to talk about things I don't know for sure but with this kind of thing I almost think it's good people talk about it, just to get the word out and stuff. Ok, that's all

     
  • At November 23, 2005 at 12:21 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Even though this kid probably wouldn't have blow up the school it's good they are taking precautions. If Isabella was going to school and they found out about some threat I'd much rather them cancel school and let the parents know.

     
  • At November 23, 2005 at 3:44 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Holy shit Brandi!! I didn't hear all that...my god that's creepy.

    I called Billy Jo and she said that there are three Strands, two girls and a boy. The boy is the middle child and the eldest girl is a senior and Billy thought the boy is a couple of years younger than the eldest. But maybe it's not him at all too though.

    I know high school can be tough and there are people who can be mean and tease other kids...but that's high school and stuff like that happeneds. I can't believe the kid would go to such extremes over a little harrassement. However, that could have been what started Red Lake too...

     
  • At November 23, 2005 at 9:59 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Wow...if I was a student, I would have killed that kid for making me go to school on the 22nd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone