He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, October 13, 2005

SHOPPING AND GANGREEN

Cassie and I went into Devils Lake today to get our shopping done. After I ran to Wal-Mart I picked up some food at Mickey D's and we went up to the hospital and ate our lunch while we visited my mom at work. (for those of you that don't know, my mom is an RN in Same Day Surgery) After visiting with my mom we walked down the hall and saw Josie and Adele. We only stayed a little while cause Cassie was getting tired and Adele was getting hungry.

Then we went to K-Mart so I could find some maternity cloths. I didn't find much but I bought a new pair of dressy jeans. I also found some really cute snow boots that I almost bought for Cassie but I wasn't sure what color her snow suit (when I find one) is going to be so I didn't want to buy pink boots and end up with a purple snow suit but I may go back and buy them cause they are so damn cute.

Then we ran to the Chamber of Commerce to get the tabs for Darren's truck and their damn computers weren't working so I couldn't get the tabs. It really made me mad since that was the whole entire reason that we went to town...that and I needed some more pull-ups for Cassie.

Lastnight when I talked to Darren on the phone he said that his mother called him. Darren's grandmother, Irma Hanson, was taken to the Bottineau hospital and she had a really bad galbladder(SP) so they sent her by ambulance to the Minot hospital where Irma had surgery to have it taken out. When she had galbladder trouble, she never went into the clinic for it and just "waited it out" at home until she felt better. I guess her galbladder was so bad when they took it out that it was full of gangreen (SP). Irma is still in the hospital and I am hoping that the gangreen didn't spread anywhere that could give her more trouble in the future. They are also going to monitor her and make sure she doesn't develope phnemonia. It's kind of scary for me because my dad's dad, Ike Savaloja, died from complications after his galbladder was taken out. I wish Irma the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone