He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, October 28, 2005

FERRIER, SHOPPING, AND MORE COOKIES

The Ferrier came to my parents place this morning at 11 am to trim the horses hooves before snowfall. I dropped Cassie off at Donna Rolle's (her usual babysitter when I worked out at the pasta plant) and went over to their house so I was there when the ferrier got there. The ferrier was late, he called at 11:30 to say that he would be over there in 10 minutes. It went really fast, the only horse that really gave him trouble was my mom's leopard appaloosa. I was suprised that Tango let the ferrier work on his hooves since we haven't played with Tango's feet and legs.

When the ferrier was done, I ran fast into Devils Lake and got the oil changed in the car at Market Place Motors. We haven't changed it since we got it so it was about due anyway. Then I ran fast to Wal-Mart for a few small things, went to Leevers to pick up some juice boxes and snack items for Cassie, went to Hardee's to pick up some food, and my last stop was at the Dukes to get the car washed.

I picked up Cassie in Leeds around 4 pm and then came back over to my mom's where I started some cookie dough and I have that in the fridge now waiting for my mom to come home, then I suppose we will all eat and then after supper we will bake the cookies.

Tomorrow Darren, Cassie, and I are going to Minot. I can find any snow wear that I like in Devils Lake for Cassie so we are heading to a bigger town to find something. I also have to get her a holloween costume and they have this cool costume place in the mall in Minot. I am not sure what we are going to do after that. We may just come home and hang out. It will be nice to get away with just Darren and Cassie for the day and do something as a family.

Darren isn't going to be home for Holloween cause he has to work it and the only way he is going to get Thanksgiving off is if he works the Saturday before Thanksgiving. He's dissappointed that he is only going to have one day off during Thanksgiving (he could have two but then he has to work the entire weekend before hand). Darren also isn't going to be home next weekend until late Saturday because he has his truck load sale each first weekend of the month. It's been a little hard not having him around a lot and I think he's starting to feel the same. I can't imagine exactly how he feels being away from Cassie and and I for so long then only being able to spend two days with us before he has to take off again. I am hopeing that things will work out better eventually so that our family spends more time together....especially when the new Hanson arrives.

Well, I am off to relax and watch a little TV until the cookie dough in the fridge needs to be baked. Later people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone