He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, October 20, 2005

SICK BABY, BEAT UP CAT, AN NO TOILET PAPER

Cassie has had a little cough and a runny nose for the past couple of days. Late last night she was up around 2 am and I listened to her cough for about an hour before she became fussy. I had some left over prescription cough syrup from a cold she had in March so I got out of bed, filled a syringe with 1/2 a tsp of the syrup and gave it to Cassie along with some juice. After the syrup, she never coughed again during the night and she passed out about 20 minutes after I gave it to her. She didn't get up until 10:30 this morning but she was a little barky, wheezy, and she sounded weird cause her nose was plugged. I called my mom and my mom said that I should take her in and not worry about giving her the syrup cause it wasn't obviously just a cough anymore. I got in to see a doctor at 11:40 and there is cold going around and some how Cassie got it. She is on a good antibiotic for three days and it's only one dose a day. I can't believe the stuff cost me $40.09 for three tsps, that's damn near $13.00 per tsp.

After the appointment I ran to the bank and put a check in Darren's savings account for him then picked up something to eat and went to visit my mom at the hospital. Mom was getting ready for lunch so the three of us had lunch together in the hospital cafeteria. While we were there, my mom gave me money for two booster seats for Cassie that we can us at our houses since Cassie doesn't like her high chairs anymore but won't quiet sit still in a chair by herself.

On my way home I dropped a booster seat at my parents, and two bags of candy corn for my mom as a surprise, and my dad told me that his cat was attacked by a tom cat early this morning. He had taken her to the vet and I guess she was beat up pretty badly though I haven't seen her yet. I guess the tom must have had her by the neck and shook her pretty good. Her neck is torn open, one of her eyes is blood shot, and her walk isn't so strait. The vet put some antibiotic stuff in the wounds of her neck, checked the eye out, and was given the OK to come home. I don't think I am going to go over there with Cassie for a while, except for tomorrow because I have to pick up my hay from some people in Devils Lake and my horses from my parents and get them all home, because Cassie will want to play with the cat and Cassie won't understand that the cat is hurt right now. It's just amazing that dad's cat was even able to get away from the tom cat...I wonder how she did.

After I came home, Cassie was playing with Scrappy in her bedroom while I was checking blogs and after a little bit I noticed that things got really quiet. Every parent knows the quiet I am talking about. You know somethings up you just have to find out what and where. Then as soon as I noticed the lack of noise, Cassie came out of the bathroom and said that she blew her nose. Out of curiosity I checked the bathroom and there was the entire roll of toilet paper on the floor of my bathroom. Well, not the whole roll cause only 1/2 of it was left, but it was all off the cardboard roll. There wasn't much to do but throw it away so I just decided to let Cassie play in it since she couldn't do any more damage then what was already done.

I hope tomorrow doesn't go bad and that I can get all the hay home without a problem and that Cassie is felling better so when my mom watches her she isn't too crabby.

1 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2005 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Some parts to this story have been revised. We are getting our hay now on Saturday instead of Friday and Brandi is kind enough to let me bring Cassie to her place around 8 am so that my mom, dad, and I can pick up the hay. We will be home a little after noon so hopefully Brandi, Carson, Cassidy, and I can spend the rest of the day together doing something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone