He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

BAD HORSE, SOX, ANNE RICE, AND COOKIES

Tango just purchased a one-way ticket to a horse sale, or a new home anyway. He's been getting out of the fence A LOT lately and it seems like everything we try won't keep him in. This morning I got a call at 9:30 am saying that he was out near a road by my parents place so I got Cassie's things together and I went over there and put him back in the fence. He must have been out all night because I shoveled 10 piles of horse crap back into the pasture from their back yard. He was good all day until about 6 pm and he was out again, I put him back in the pasture, then when I was leaving my parents place at 9:30 tonight the shit head was out again standing at the end of their driveway. We can't have an animal like that around cause nobody has the time to chase after a horse all day. I am going to check with a few people to see if they want to buy him first and if nobody I know wants him then he's hitting the Livestock Sales Ring in Devils Lake next month.

Today in the mail we got our letter from All Season's Water saying that all the lines were tested for bacteria, pressure, and all sorts of other stuff and has been approved for human consumption and we can hook up to it now. YEAH! I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Now I just have to find someone to dig the trench from the house to the rural water line, Darren and my dad are going to lay the pipes, and then when everything is hooked up in the house we will be ready to go. I hope by next week I can use the water! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have good water by the time baby was here.

I am watching the baseball game right now and the Sox are up by one. In fact the one run is the only run scored in the whole game. Looks like the sox are going to win the series tonight. Poor Astro's, it must suck to get to the Series and not win a single game.

And bad news for Amadon. I was reading the current issue of Newsweek and there was an article in there about Anne Rice and what's she been up to since her last published book in '03. I guess she had a revelation since her husband died and she had a close death experience herself so now she is only writing for the Lord. No more vampires, werewolf's, or ghouls. I guess she has a book coming out soon, I forgot the name of it, and it's about Christ growing up at the age of 7 told through God...or something close to that.

Tomorrow I am going back to my mom's to help her with more cookies. She needs about 600 of each cookie to make all her cookie trays and she makes at least 8 different cookies so we are looking close to some where around 400 dozen cookies. I am going to be soooooo sick of cookies by next week.

After I got the cookies I was making done, I took Cassie to the park for about an hour and a half. She loved it. The slide was finally dry today, the first time since the weekend, and she had a blast going up and sliding down the slide. What impressed me the most is that I only had to catch her a couple of times and then got the hang of how she was going to land and then she was able to do the slide all by herself. Which was cool but bad at the same time, she wanted me to sit on the bench and watch her (the rest was wonderful) but when I tried to get up she would holler at me for getting off the bench. I am sorry, but a fat pregnant person can only sit so long on a wooden bench until your ass starts to get really sore.

4 Comments:

  • At October 27, 2005 at 3:51 AM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Actually, she made the announcement not long after Stan's death that there wouldn't be anymore vamp chronicles after Blood Canticle. She dropped alot of hints about what she was doing, sold her ENTIRE doll collection, which sounded pretty huge, sold her house, moved to California, the whole nine yards, I guess.
    I had read recently that she was actually writing a book more or less about Jesus, and approaching it from an historical angle.
    She always did have kind of a belief system, I mean look at Memnoch. But I really wish people would cool it with the near-death revelation bit.

     
  • At October 27, 2005 at 10:04 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you that the near death comment. I just threw that out there cause I couldn't think of anything else to say to describe it.

     
  • At October 27, 2005 at 10:19 AM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    often Tino runs out of my apartment and escapes to freedom, freedom being the hallway. he only weighs 10 pounds and can't really do any damage to anything. okay, well, I guess it's a totally different situation. nevermind

     
  • At October 27, 2005 at 2:06 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    I wanna cookie!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone