He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

AAAHH...WHAT THE HECK

This morning after I got Cassie fed and changed, I went back into the kitchen to make my breakfast which is normally two pieces of toast and coffee. I had the toast in the toaster and the water in the coffee maker so all I needed now was a coffee filter and I was in business. I opened the cabinet above the stove, grabbed the stack of filters and pulled it out of the cabinet. As I brought my arm down (and I must say that I really pulled the filters out fast) I saw something brown fling through the air and it landed in front of my stove with a light thumping sound. IT WAS A FRICKEN MOUSE! A mouse some how got into my house and worked is way up to the cabinets along the top part of the wall and was making it's home in my coffee filters! I just about pissed my pants! I had clean dishes from last night still in my dish rack on the counter so I grabbed a piece of tupperware and slammed it down over the mouse quickly and slid the cover under the tupperware and closed it. Cassie, of course, was drawn into the kitchen by the noise that I was making cause it was out of character from our usual mornings. she demanded to see the mouse so I made sure the lid was on good and let her carry the mouse around...under supervision of course. She wanted me to take the mouse out but I told her that it had to stay in the container because the mouse could bit and I didn't know what kind of creepy diseases it could be carrying. I kept the mouse long enough to snap a few pictures and then tossed it out my front door. I found a new bundle of filters, opened them up and threw all the other ones away. I still got my morning coffee but I am creeped out by it, I don't think I will ever see coffee the same way again and Cassie has been going around the house saying, "Mommy, mouse will bite you." Where the hell is Scrappy when I need her?

6 Comments:

  • At October 25, 2005 at 12:17 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Holy crap! That would scare the shit out of me. Mice in the pet store don't make me nervous, but if one all of a sudden surprised me in my house I would probably lock myself in a room and start crying.

     
  • At October 25, 2005 at 3:32 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Omigosh, I can't believe you caught it, they are soooo fast!!! That is crazy!

     
  • At October 25, 2005 at 6:05 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Yeah, there really isn't anything like throwing a mouse in your own face in the morning to wake yourself up!

     
  • At October 26, 2005 at 8:52 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    Awwww.... what a cute little mousie. :^) Actually, that sucker was huge! I'm very impressed that (a) you were able to catch it, and (b) were compassionate enough to let it go without killing it. I had a pet white mouse when I was a kid named "Thidwick" ... go figure. Your cat is falling down on the job!

     
  • At October 26, 2005 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I had pet mice (from the pet store) when I was in high school. I can't remember all of their names but my favorite was a very tame black and white mouse, he looked like a cow, and I called him Squad Car. You could carry him around and do all sorts of stuff. When I cleaned his cage I let him run circles on my bed and when he would get tired he looked at me like "are ya done yet?". I lived about 2 1/2 years. I kind of miss him...at least he wasn't living in my coffee filters.

     
  • At October 26, 2005 at 10:24 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    I didn't phrase my earlier comment very well...the mouse was named Thidwick, not me. Duh. I'm sure you figured that out anyway. He was very cute. I always kept a treat for him in the breast pocket of my shirt, so he learned to crawl straight into my pocket every time I picked him up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone