He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, October 23, 2005

BUSY DAY

I felt bad cause I called Brandi at 7:30 am on Saturday morning to let her know that I would be over in 15 minutes with Cassie so that my parents and I could get on the road to pick up the hay for the horses.

It was really cold, like 27 degrees, frost everywhere and I really didn't feel like being up that early on a cold morning. I really didn't want to wake Cassie up either and haul her to the car and then to Brandi's either being so cool outside but it had to be done.

Brandi was waiting for us. I stayed long enough to let her know that hopefully it would only take about 5 hours at the most and I would be back for her. I also showed Brandi where everything was in the diaper bag and also gave Brandi Cassie's last dose of medicine that Cassie was to have after breakfast and then I was gone.

I got to my parents place and we quickly unloaded the box of one of my fathers trucks that had some stuff on it from an auction sale that he went to and then we had to clear some wood off a trailer and then we were ready to go. We had two trailers and two trucks so we only had to make two trips to get the hay.

The first trip went really well. When we got back to my place it took us a little while to figure out where we were going to put the bales. My dad decided to put them along the pasture fence behind the house, that way the bales wouldn't trap the blowing snow right in our yard. We also had to move some branches that were laying where we wanted to put the bales but it didn't take long to do. Then we were off to get the last load. When we picked up the last load, my dad talked to the guy for a little while when the guy was done loading the bales on the trailers so that slowed us a bit but it was a nice rest.

When we got back on the road for home my dad noticed a bad vibration in his truck. He pulled over and checked all the tired and they were all good so he thought he was getting ready to loose a tire or had a bad U-Joint and said that he would make it home. We continued on and stopped at the Leeds restaurant to get lunch, then as we were coming over the railroad tracks to get to my place, the brakes went out in the truck that my mom and I were in. My dad knew they were getting bad but we had to risk it cause we needed the hay. We got the last 9 bales unloaded and then headed back to my parents place. Just as we were turning the corner to pull into my parents yard, the hubcap on my dad's big red Ford dually went flying into the ditch. My dad got out and checked the tire and here all the studs were broke off but 2. There were only 2 studs holding his tire on the truck!! I can't believe he didn't loose the wheel with a load of hay on the back. He's been cruising all over the country with that truck flying down the highway at 70 miles an hour. I am glad that he didn't get hurt.

My dad checked his truck and nothing was damaged on the trucks except of the obvious and on his big red truck the wheel and all the other stuff behind it wasn't damaged so he just needs new studs.

What was supposed to take 5 hours turned into 9. I got to Brandi's and tried to pay her for watching Cassie all day but she wouldn't except my money and said that I could just buy her lunch sometime and that she may need the favor returned some day. I swear that Brandi probably won't babysit Cassie again because she was there so long. I stayed and chatted with Brandi for just a bit and then she had to run to her folks place. So Cassie and I went to my parents just for about an hour and then we came home.

When I got home I took out the trash and then washed the dishes cause Darren was on his way from from Harvey. As I was washing the dishes, Cassie was playing with her stuffies in her bedroom and it had gotten quiet but I didn't think of it cause I was on a mission to get stuff straightend up. Then I heard this noise that sounded like sand being thrown against the house. I ran and check on Cassie and there she was, in the cat box, throwing the litter on the hallway carpet and on the bathroom floor. Of course I didn't hear it until she started throwing in on the linoleum in the bathroom so you can imagine the mess on the carpet.

I swept up the bathroom and then vacuumed the carpet and just as I got done with that Darren came home. Thankfully I was done with everything else that I had to do.

I am hoping that Sunday and the rest of the coming week are a lot more peaceful than this week has been.

2 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2005 at 11:14 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    That would suck to have to clean up all the kitty litter. Another reason to not have cats. :)

     
  • At October 24, 2005 at 9:59 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I shouldn't even be touching the litter box since I am pregnant but Darren hasn't taken the cat box out since our first bad snow storm so I knew damn well he wasn't going to pick up the stuff in the hallway and bathroom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone