He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, December 06, 2008

CAT IS GONE, COLE, AND SANTA DAYS

Last Saturday, Vanessa came to pick up Lance. I have never been so happy to get rid of an animal in my life.

On Thursday my friend, Cole, from Fargo came down to visit. We had a really good time. After he arrived, he took the girls and I out to eat, then we went back to our place and we watched movies and talked into the early morning. Because it got so late, Cole spent the night at my place and went back to Fargo on Friday morning. Cole brought gifts for the girls. He brought them a movie, a game, books, coloring books, and moon sand. I must say, the moon sand didn't live up to expectations as shown in the commercials. If any of my readers have thought of purchasing this alternative to Play-Doh for children that you know, please keep in mind that this is actual sand. Those really cool molded people and animals that are seen in the commercials are easy to create, but impossible to play with. The moment you think about touching them, they fall apart. It's also a lot messier than Play-Doh. Play-Doh at least sticks to itself and picks up quickly. Moon sand doesn't. It's sand, so it doesn't stick to itself, and I had it scattered all through my kitchen and I had to sweep it up. It also rubbed into the girls clothing, which it then transferred to the rest of my home when the girls moved around. I swear I had at least 3 aneurysms while trying to play with the stuff, but the girls liked it and had fun, so that is what counts.

Tomorrow morning Cassidy has CCD before church. Then after mass is over with, I am taking the girls up to the community center because it is Santa Days in Leeds. We will have lunch their, the girls with play with their friends and do crafts, and at 12:30 they will meet Santa. I have taken the girls their every year since Cassidy was born. I think it's fun and they have a good time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone