He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I CANNOT THINK OF A TITLE

Yesterday, the girls and I got ambitious and we put up our Christmas tree. I know it's a bit early, but I enjoy having it up and I don't see the point it going through all that work to just have a tree up for 2 weeks and then taking it down right away. If you are going to put a tree up, let it stand for a while....that's my personal opinion.

Today I had morning coffee and muffins out at Billy Jo's place. I hadn't spoken to her since Kat's Halloween party so it was great to get together with her. We had a lot to talk about and we had fun playing karaoke on her Wii. Billy brought up joining Eastern Star and that she is seriously thinking about doing it. My mom was in Eastern Star for a little while and I also have given a thought or two about joining, so I asked my mom about it. I must say her comments were less than encouraging, but truthful. Three of my most favorite quotes from her while we talked about Eastern Star were, "It's too formal for you. You HAVE to wear a dress", "They wouldn't appreciate you", and my favorite, "Play on a dart league in a bar instead. I'm serious. It would be more fun." You could take all these into really bad context and say that my own mother was slamming me, but she really wasn't and it made me laugh. However, I am still kicking around joining Eastern Star with Billy....but Wednesday night darts is very tempting too.

I have a friend from Fargo coming to visit on Thursday. I'm excited! It's been over a year since we have seen each other. I'm just not 100 percent sure what we are going to do in the metropolis of York yet.

This weekend I had tentative plans for a veg-out-movie weekend at Rainy's place. We were going to rent some old movies that we liked to watch when we were younger like The Burbs, Transylvania 6500, The Goonies,...stuff like that. But my mother informed me this evening that she has been asked by a few people to make 16 more cookie trays, some of her cappuccino coffee mix, and buns so I may end up helping her instead.

Blaine Albertson's memorial service is on Friday in Minot. My mom, dad, and I all plan to attend. I'm not sure how long it is going to be since his body was cremated and interment services are not held in the middle of winter. I plan to take the girls with me and drop them off at my mother's aunts house while we are at the service. Then afterwards, we are going to meet the girls father at the mall because it is his weekend to have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone