He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, November 24, 2008

LANCE

A while ago, while working at Moller's, my boss asked me if I wanted another cat. He and his wife had a collection of animals, 3 dogs and 4 cats, and they were looking for new homes for some of the animals. I had been to his house several times before, and I told him we would gladly take Lance.

Lance is a one-year-old declawed house cat. He is Siamese in color. However, Vanessa swears that there is no Siamese in him. Our cat, Scrappy, hasn't been to happy about Lance since he got here, but they are not doing too bad. Just the occasional growl and howl at each other. Until they get comfortable, I am watching the cats closely while they are in the same room together. I am waiting for an episode of WWF Cat Wrestling to break out at any moment between them.

We may not have Lance all that long. I spoke to Vanessa on the phone and she told me that she told her father that she was going to take Lance when she came home for Thanksgiving and he wasn't supposed to give him away. I don't know if her father believed her or not, because he brought the cat over 20 minutes after talking with Vanessa on the phone. It won't bother me if she decides she wants her parents cat. So for now I have been telling the girls that we are cat-sitting for the week. I just don't want Vanessa to take too long if she is going to take Lance back. I would hate to have the girls become really attached to him, and then have to give him back after he's been here a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone