He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

OH, TANNUMBAUM

The Christmas tree; it is probably the best known symbol of Christmas next to the nativity scene. On any day, it is a sign of peace, hope, love, and world kindness that makes people warm and happy during the holiday season. But not today. Today was a scene out of The Apocalypse.

The cats, Scrappy and Lance, were sitting under the Christmas tree. They tolerate each other to a degree, but there isn't a whole lot of love between them right now. I was in the kitchen when I heard one of the cats yowl and chaos ensued under the tree. It only lasted about 3.4 seconds, but in that amount of time they managed to wipe out my Christmas tree and scare the crap out of the girls. The only thing that stopped the tree from completely hitting the floor was the Lay-Z-Boy recliner in the corner in the corner of the room. Three quarts of the ornaments blew off of it and I had to restring half the lights. Lucky for them, only one ornament broke. Now my tree, that was once perfectly straight, has a wicked left shift lean and the angel is about to jump off the top of the tree and commit suicide at any moment. I tried to straighten the tree, but quit when I thought I was going to knock it over again.

I cannot wait for Vanessa to come and pick Lance up on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone