He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, November 23, 2008

NEIL DIAMOND CONCERT




Rainy and I arrived in Grand Forks at 6 o'clock, just in time for the supper rush at every eating establishment in town. Every place was packed with people. We were going to eat at Red Lobster, but there was a 50 minute wait for a table. Instead, we headed down the road and ate at the Golden Corral. There was a waiting line there too, but not as bad. After eating we ran over to Lowes so Rainy could pick up some Christmas items she had been looking for and then we headed out to the Alerus Center.



The concert started a little after 8 o'clock. I was very impressed with the show. Neil Diamond hasn't aged much at all and he sounded wonderful. Not like some other performers where they sound good on CD but they sound like crap live. He performed all his classics and even a few new songs that he has coming out. At one point in the concert, he even came down on the floor, pulled a young woman out of the audience, walked with her while he sang, they danced together, smooched, and then he returned her to her seat. The crowd roared and sang along with every song. Everyone really got into Sweet Caroline, which I got video of on my cell phone. Too bad the music was too loud for the phone and all you hear is Rainy and I screaming, "Ba Ba Ba. So good, so good, so good" to what sounds like garbage garage band music. He sang for two and a half hours and the concert wrapped up at 10:30. After fighting a mad mob of people to get out of the parking lot, we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart and then headed home.



I would definitely go to another one of his concerts if I have the opportunity. I would also recommend that you all see it too, you would be impressed. I'm posting a few really bad pictures on my blog. We were in the nose-bleed section so I didn't any pictures that are good, but I did get a some that turned out okay.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone