He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, November 16, 2008

BLAINE ALBERTSON: R.I.P

At this time, my thoughts and prayers are with the Don and Darlene Albertson family. Their son, Blaine, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer not too long ago, and on Friday at midnight Blaine passed away at home with his wife, Theresa, by his side.

I got to know Blaine when we lived in Churchs Ferry. I would go out to Albertson's farm everyday to ride horse and train some of the younger ones for Don. While I was doing this, I became really good friends with Theresa's daughter Stephanie who I spent a lot of time with, and even stayed at our place when they were up visiting Don an Darlene.

Blaine was a good man with a kind heart. He was a wonderful step-father to Stephanie and her younger sister. He lost both of his arms in an auger accident when he was growing up on the farm, but that never bothered him and didn't stop him from accomplishing any task that a person with both arms could do. I remember the time I stayed at their home in Minot one weekend a long time ago. I drove up there because Stephanie and I had plans to go see the John Michael Montgomery concert at the state fair. We spent the majority of the day just riding, hanging out, and talking with everyone. It was definitely a fun time. The morning I was to leave for home, Blaine had breakfast and coffee waiting for me when I woke up.

Blaine will be missed by many people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone