He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, March 08, 2008

MY WEEK

The last week I have been hammering away at the Wainscot pine. I was really hoping to have it all done by now. I have almost completed it. I am about three-quarters through. I have a few boards that need to be cut down by a bit. I will need to use the skill saw to do it. So far, I have been able to do most of it with just a standard hand saw. I am going to have to use a base board along with a top trim board. I originally was not going to use a base board, but it turns out that the floor isn't even. I used a level to make sure that I kept the top of the boards even straight across. By the time I reached the other end of my living room wall, the boards were close to an inch off the carpet.

In a couple of weeks I am going to be watching Rainy's daughter, Eris, for about a week. Her husband, Jason, is in Ft. Dix doing some training before shipping out for Iraq. Rainy is going to Ft. Dix with 2 other army wives. They are going to pick up the husbands and go to Atlantic City for a few days, then the next day the men leave for a year. She asked me a while ago if I could do it. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to since I am trying to get college finished up. However, I was her last resort, and if I couldn't do it, then she wasn't going to be able to see Jason before he left. I would have felt awful if she wouldn't' have been able to see her husband one last time before he left.

Because I am going to have Eris, I have been putting a lot of late night homework time in as well. I am happy to say that I have almost completed another class. The last two classes are going to be a breeze, and the instructor for one of the remaining classes removed the test assessments so I don't have to worry about any tests in that class...woo-hoo! I am waiting to hear from my advisor on the date and time for graduation. I have decided that I am going to go to the college and participate in my own graduation. My father has a friend who lives in Williston and he told my father that it is okay for all of us to stay at his place for the weekend so we don't have to get hotel rooms. My sister is going to come down from Minneapolis for it and I believe that my brother is going to go too. I am starting to get excited about it.

1 Comments:

  • At March 9, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    A hand saw!! You are my hero. Once when I decided to make shelves for my daughters closet I went and bought a power saw. Terry came home and I wasn't there and he found the box and saw and called the hospital to see if I was there with something cut off. Not my forte making things with wood. Doesn't stop me from trying though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone