He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, September 06, 2007

UPDATE

Darren got the new water heater going properly on Sunday. I must say that the new water heater is wonderful. I didn't realize all the sand that was in the old water heater from the well before we got rural water. Before, I could only wash dishes OR run the washing machine and we would be out of water. A person had to wait at least 15 minutes between showers if the second person wanted a luke-warm shower. Now I can do 3 loads of laundry, the dishes, give the girls their bath, and I still had warm water for my shower. What a difference. I have to give Darren props too. The new heater is bigger than the old one so it was a tight fit to get it sitting where the old one was. After many curse words, and only throwing a few things around, he got it in place.

It has been a very low key week since my parents left for Dunblane in Canada. They are in search for my fathers' grandmother's unmarked grave along with the grave of one of great-grandmother's daughters. Great-grandmother passed away giving birth to the child that is buried next to her. Oh, wait...I just got an email, and they are home now. Sweet! I cannot wait to talk to them!

The work with the palomino has been progressing. He leads very well and I have him used to the saddle now too. He will stand, lead, and hangout in the corral while wearing my saddle. He has not attempted to rub it off or roll over on it yet either. He can still be a little shit when he wants to be, but the guy isn't even two yet so it isn't all bad. I have to give him credit though because during all of his training so far he has not bucked once or even showed a sign that he may buck. I think the rest of his training is going to go pretty easy.

I have to run to Devils Lake and do grocery shopping and get the necessities at Wal-Mart. I may ask my mom if she wants to come with so I can get it done. Either that or I find someone to watch the girls for me.

Well, Jessie is up from her nap and I am going to my parents to hear about their trip. Later Y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone