He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A LITTLE SHOPPING AND SOME SHITTY NEWS

After spending 2 days at Billy's the girls and I are finally home. Darren left a message on my cell phone to let me know that his paycheck had already been sent out in the mail so Billy and I did not have to drag the kids all over half of North Dakota. Instead, the girls and I went to town and picking up Darren's things and got our Wal-Mart shopping. My mom helped out by coming along with us when she was done with work. I also made it to a great little thrift shop in Devils Lake called Joseph's Closet. I found 2 sweat out fits, a snow suit, boots, shoes, and tennis shoes for next summer for Jessie and I found 3 nice Carter sleepers and two pretty tops for Cassidy under $30! I am a huge believer of trying to find clothes and footwear for the kids second-hand before buying them at Wal-Mart or a department store.

While I was in D.L. I got a crappy phone call from Billy. Billy and her husband decided to have the dog that was bit by the skunk put to sleep today. They didn't feel like quarantining her was the right thing for the dog and since I, the girls, and all of them have been around the dog they wanted to play it safe and make sure that the dog did not have rabies just in case she may have infected one of us. I feel horrible for Billy and Vince. They loved that dog and she was great with the kids. I feel terrible for them.

I have a nasty transcription assignment that has to be handed in before 10 a.m. tomorrow morning so I need to get cracking on that tonight. It is basically done, all I really have to do is make sure wording and grammar are correct and make sure everything in the report is in the correct order. My mother is not working tomorrow so we may go to her place for a bit so I can get some extra homework for next week started too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone