He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, September 01, 2007

WE SHOULD BE DEAD, OR AT LEAST HOMELESS

This morning I was getting ready to wash dishes from breakfast but I was not getting hot water out of the faucet. Since Jessie can climb into the tub and reach faucet knobs, I assumed she turned the water on in one of the bathrooms. I went to check the bathrooms. Nothing was turned on. I told Darren and he went to look over the water heater. What he found was amazing. There were black burn marks on the top of the water heater and along one of the side were a heating element was. Some how the water heater got hot enough that it should have started the closet walls on fire, but it didn't. We should have woken up last night in the midst of a house fire and everything that we owned should have been gone. After today, I really believe in a higher power and I positive that God was looking out for us. I called my mother and she gave me her Sears card so that Darren and I could run to town and get a new water heater while she watched the girls at her house. Currently, we have the new water heater in the house and most of everything installed, however, Darren did not pick up all the pieces he needed to finish connecting the water heater. Tomorrow he is going to have to run back to Devils Lake and get all the pieces that he needs. My mom let me wash the girls at her house and they are spending the night there until tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone