He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE

I have been busy since classes started again. I am not doing too bad, and for the most part I have been able to keep up with all 5 classes. The only one that I find "hard" is my Applied Medical Transcription II class. It really isn't all that hard there is just so much to transcribe that sucks, but that is going to be my life now so I better get used to it.

I watched the boys for Billy yesterday so that she could take one of her brothers to Minneuwaukan. I am watching them for her again today because she had to make a trip to Ruby. Since it has been raining most of last night and this morning Vinny is home. Yesterday Vinny came home early too while I was watching the boys and after Billy got back home we all went out to the barn and helped Vinny clear it out. What a task that was. I should have taken before and after pictures of it but I didn't. Vinny practically gutted the building and removed the wood floor. Beneath the floor were rocks that had to be picked out. Some even had to be dug out with a spade shovel.

When Billy gets home today I have to run to Tunbridge, ND and get Darren's paycheck. I have to take the paycheck to Devils Lake and put it in our checking account and take out $150 in cash. Darren wants me to run to Wal-Mart and get him a case of coke and I then need to run out to the reservation and buy him a cartoon of cigarettes. After I am done in D.L. I have to drive out to Edinburg and take Darren the cash, coke, and cigarettes. Thank God Billy is coming with me. I would not make this trip alone. It sucks because we will be on the road all day so I am going to have to buy at least 1 meal and eating out is so expensive that I hate thinking about it. But Darren wants this stuff now so I have to make the trek.

I have not done a whole lot of work with the palomino lately. I have been too busy with other things. My mom did watch the girls for me the other day so that I could take the palomino into the round pen and get some ground work going. I have him picking up all his feet pretty well and he will flex his neck pretty good and walk a moderately wide circle. I have not make him run the circle yet because he is still a little playful. He is fun to watch though sometimes when he really gets into playing. The man I got my hay from called me the other day and will have my 20 bales ready in about 2 weeks. He will call me when field work slows down and then we can pick the hay up. My dad wants to move a large chicken coop in for a lean shelter soon too. I would like to have something in too before it snows. I was hoping to have the building I want to use for a barn but I will have to get about 5 guys together to move the building. It will all come together in time. I just have to be patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone