He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, December 16, 2006

WHAT A WEEKEND

I received my final grades in my Fundamentals of Medical Transcription class. As predicted, I passed. I am free to take all the classes in spring that I signed up for since I know for sure that I will not be retaking any classes. I feel sorry for a few people in my Human Anat. & Phys. class, they were were short of the passing grade by 2 or 3 points and have to retake the class.

I finished the Christmas shopping on Friday. Even on a budget of $10 per person to spend on gifts, it was still pretty spendy. I can't complain about any of the thing for the girls since my mother gave me the money for their gifts. I cringe thinking how expensive it would really have been if the kids gifts were not already covered.

While I was in Wal-Mart, I ran into Amadon's mom. She said she didn't get to see Amadon when they where home for Martin's funeral. It is understandable because I am sure they were busy with stuff, but I am surprised that he didn't at least call her. Amamom said that Amadon is installing radio equipment for the highway patrol and police stations in Grand Forks and the surrounding areas. He is the head hauncho and even has a company vehicle. I am happy he found something that he really likes to do. I bet he is pretty good.

I spent the night at my mom's on Friday night so that I could get my gifts for my family wrapped. My mom also wanted me to work on some cookies during Saturday for her too since she had to work a 12 hour day at the hospital in the E.R. I did manage to get 4 batches of cookies done. She will have to make a few more before she is finished. She wants me to come to her house on Sunday and help her put cookie trays together. Since Darren is only home on Sunday this week, I have to check it over with him. I don't see it being a problem because I can go right over to my mom's after church is over, put the trays together quickly, and then come back home.

Jessie was just awful Friday night. She fell asleep around 10 p.m. and got up at 11. All she did was cry and scream. I could tell that she did not feel well and she couldn't get into a comfortable position. I gave her a dose of tylenol and she finally fell back asleep around 2. She was back up again at 5 but it only took about 20 minutes to get her back to bed.

So since my Christmas shopping is all done, the only thing I am really waiting on now is the O'Brien baby. April, you need to try and just kick him out. After all, Sunday is your due date and if he doesn't come within 5 days, the doctor did say he was going to induce you on Christmas Eve. You don't really want to eat hospital food on Christmas eve do you??????

2 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2006 at 5:02 PM, Blogger Josie, group organizer said…

    Amadon called his mom last night to ask her about your conversation as he was confused that she said we didn't talk to her that weekend. She said she didn't mean that at all. She was there for the rosary and the funeral- both of which we seeked her out and spoke to her. We also called her before the funeral and during the weekend of it. Amadon and the baby had the death flu that's been going around which infected the entire house at my grandma's so we didn't go visiting people at their own homes. Nor was I up to that emotionally after the funeral. She also got a HUGE envelope full of pictures of the kids we dropped off a few days before the funeral. I just wanted to clear that up because from what you wrote I got the impression that you think we didn' t even call her the weekend of my dad's funeral which isn't true at all. So I think there was just a misunderstanding.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 at 3:21 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Yep, there was a misunderstanding. My bad. I am glad that you guys were able to spend some time with her.

    Will you guys be around a lot for the Christmas holiday? Darren and I would like to visit and catch up with you guys. We haven't seen you guys in forever. The last time I spoke with Amadon, I was still in the hospital with Jessie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone