He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 25, 2006

OUR CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

To start my holiday weekend off, all the addresses and photos that I had stored on my computer are gone. My husband had our home computer worked on and he forgot to tell the person working on the computer to save all the photos and addresses. All my pics of the girls are gone. Totally gone. Even all the newborn pics of Jessie I don't have. Shitty part is that I haven't printed pictures out since Jessie's birth so I am going to have to have people send me pics and I will have to search my archives to see if I can pull off the pics I posted previously.

On Saturday evening we reached Darren's folks place at about 8:30. I fed Jessie fast and we were able to get them down in time for bed at 9 o'clock. After the girls fell asleep, Darren and I went out and met up with one of his friends from high school. We sat up in one of the local bars until closing. I haven't drank in so long that it only took 4 drinks until I felt very happy with the world (and everyone) around me. I was a little disappointed in the bartender. My first fuzzy navel had two bugs floating in the bottom of the glass. I saw them before I drank out of the glass. The replacement screw driver had a chunk of something in it when I stirred the glass. After that, I didn't trust the bartender and stuck with Bud Light. I don't like beer all that well, but it has been a long time since I was able to sit in a bar and drink so I wanted something.

Sunday morning I had a little hangover. I got over it pretty quickly. The fam just hung out until it was time for church at 5:30. After church we went out to the farm to eat with grandpa Hanson. It was pretty sad without grandma sitting in her red lazy-boy in the living room. It made me feel better to think that Grandma was spending Christmas in Heaven with her sister, Ruth, this year. Grandma really missed Ruth since aunt Ruth passed away in September of 2003.

Monday we stayed until shortly after dinner. When we got home, I had to run in the house fast and put together the Dora Talking Kitchen really fast since the girls fell asleep in the car on the way home. Cassie was very excited about it when she saw it as she was walking into the house after she woke up. We opened the few gifts that we had hear. After the girls went to bed, Darren and I sat down and watched The Davinci Code. Now, I am catholic, and I don't really understand why the church is so upset with the movie. People just need to remember that this is a fictional story and only PARTS of it were based on written information. I am pretty sure that I am not going to hell just because I enjoyed a controversial movie. God knows where I stand concerning my faith. Those of you that have not seen it yet should watch it. It is really good.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get my books from WSC. The should be here really soon. My sister called to see if I got an email. I guess we are supposed to be receiving something at the house, but I don't know what it is. I am supposed to call her tomorrow if I don't get an email about it.

I called and spoke with Kevin at the hospital today. It sounds like Aiden is doing well. He won't be going home with them tomorrow, but hopefully it won't be too long. I am going to give April a call tomorrow and see how they are holding up. I am also going to post a few Christmas pictures soon too.

2 Comments:

  • At December 26, 2006 at 9:52 AM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about your pictures. Reminds me I need to backup my computer.

     
  • At December 27, 2006 at 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can still get your pictures back. Even if you specifically delete and empty the trash, anything you have had on your computer can still be accessed. They catch criminals a lot this way. People that write up ransom notes and such and then delete them.Amadon told me about it. However, it would cost you and it's hard to find someone who's able to retrieve it because it's a very tough process. But I would save your old hard drive even if you get a new computer just in case you ever want to go this route. That's too bad though. I'm glad you saved a lot on your blogs. I'm sure that must have felt awful.
    -Josie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone