He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, December 22, 2006

OH, WHAT A NIGHT

Tonight my dad, mother, I, and the girls drove to Devils Lake to check out the Christmas lights. I thought it was going to be a lot of fun and something that the girls would enjoy. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Jessie didn’t have her nap while we drove to town, so about half way to Devils Lake she started screaming and wouldn’t quit, my dad had enough and decided we were leaving, Cassidy started to cry because she wanted to see more lights. We had not been in town more than 20 minutes. Lately, every time I try to do something fun with the girls that gets us out of the house; one of them will do something to ruin everything. It just isn’t all that fun anymore. I know no why I never go anywhere.

Tomorrow we are going to go over to my parent’s house to celebrate Christmas with them before they head out to the Twin Cities. We are going to have supper around 4 or 5 and then open gifts afterwards. I am a little excited about it, at the same time I am scared. Visions of Thanksgiving keep running through my head and I don’t want to relive it anytime soon. I hope it all goes well.

Saturday we are going to meet Darren’s folks in Rugby and then drive up to Willow City. Christmas eve, we are going out to the farm. This is the first Christmas since Grandma Hanson passed away and the family is going out to the farm to spend it with Grandpa. I told Darren we may need to make sure there is a couple of vehicles because I am 100% sure that I will be taking off early with Jessie. Poor little Jessie just does not like strangers.

The word on April’s blog is that they are going to try to induce labor tomorrow. I can’t wait! I hope it works well. With luck, if she has the baby late tomorrow, she and the baby will be home on Christmas Eve. What a way to spend that evening!!! I am not a fan of Pitocin or being induced. I was induced with Cassidy. I dilated all the way to 10 cm but Cassie never moved down. Since it was 14 hours since my water broke, they did a caesarian section because they worried about infection. I believe the c-section happened because the baby was not ready to drop and come out. If we would have been more patient, baby would have done it all on her own, but that is just my opinion. I just hope she doesn’t end up in surgery. Nobody needs that on Christmas Eve.

Well, tonight has been a long, stressed out night. I want to get into bed and then read a little in my book. I am trying to finish The Chronicles of Narnia that I started before Jessie was born.

1 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2006 at 1:17 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    I hope your christmas stuff goes better, too. Last year, we made it to the parade of lights in GF, but Isabella wanted to actually go onto the road and started SCREAMING when we wouldn't let her, so we had to leave early.
    The year before she cried during almost the entirety of our christmas trip to DL (not really, but her nap schedule was thrown out the window and it made her very cranky).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone