He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 18, 2006

HUMOR OF THE WEEK

Friday was a bad traveling day. The roads became very icy due to passing rain showers earlier in the day and yesterday. I was on my way to my mother's to drop the girls off so I could go to Devils Lake and finish up my Christmas shopping. When I was getting near their house, I saw a jackknifed truck with an overturned camper in the ditch right in front of my parent's house. A construction company from Grand Forks was rushing too hard to make it home for the weekend and lost control of the vehicle. My dad called the highway patrol to inform them about the accident. Then he went outside to help them.

My dad had been in the mobile home business for years. I remember many summers having to go out and help him fix-up and repair damaged trailers. He has to quit because he was aging and the work was quite tedious. My dad told one of the men to get into the truck and told the construction worker what to do so that the trailer would pop right up off the ground and land back on it's wheels. I don't think that the guy believed my dad, but he really didn't have any other options since their final attempt at hope, which was sawing the camper off the hitch with a chop saw, failed miserably.

To all the construction workers amazement, the advice that my father game them worked. After they all had the camper on it's wheels they gathered around my dad. One of the men, I believe the foreman, looked at my father and said, "So, it seems like you have done this before." without missing a beat, my father looked at the guy and said, "No, but I did stay at an Holiday Express last night." I am not sure how funny the foreman thought it was, but all the other guys were rolling.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone