He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, October 21, 2006

I HOPE THEY DON'T VISIT AGAIN ANY TIME SOON

Today I have put aside my college work to clean up the house and straighten things out before Darren gets home. The day before yesterday, a friend came out to the house with her three boys.

She is recently divorced from her husband and I feel bad for her. Darren and I like her a lot but her boys have terrible behavior problems. I think that the oldest has ADHD. The boys literally destroyed my house in three hours. All the did was yell and run from one end of the house to the other and didn't even listen to me when I told them not to, all the play-doh that Cassie got for her birthday they mashed into one big ball AFTER I had told them not to mix the colors together, they trashed the toy room, there is a cute white shelf in the toy room that my sister gave me when Cassie born and they thrown crap around so hard they knocked it off the wall, they kept going into Cassie room to jump on her bed, they were mean to Cassie, and even broke some of her toys. It was awful.

What blows my mind is that she always talks about her other friends not wanting the boys over at their homes because they make a mess and she thinks that they just don't understand how it is to have kids. Well, I am sorry, I have kids and mine don't act like that. I would NEVER let them act like that in someone's home. Kids do make a mess and they can get a little loud, but nothing like what happened at my house. There several opportunities for some really great parenting and discipline but she didn't do ANYTHING about it.

As they were getting ready to leave the house, I saw the oldest boy drop something. I thought it came out of his jacket pocket. I let my friend know and when she picked it up, she said that it didn't belong to any of her boys. She told her eldest son that if it was Cassie's he had to give it back because it hurts peoples feeling so take toys from them. The boy insisted that it was his and walked out the door. A few moments later he came back inside and gave Cassie her toy back. After cleaning up the toy room I am missing the crib cross that April and Kevin gave Cassie at her baptism that I had blessed by the priest so I need to call my friend just in case she finds it floating around her house.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone