He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

SICK KIDS, MONEY WOES, AND A DEAD PITCHER

The girls are both sick. It started out with just Cassie. She has had a cough, a higher than normal temperature, and slightly running nose the last couple of days. Jessie now has a temp too and a cough. I have been giving them both tylenol and motrin to help keep the fevers down. Tonight before bed their temps were pretty normal. I may make a doctor appointment and have them both checked anyway. I think Cassie may have a sore throat because her voice is starting to sound funny and I think they are going to need antibiotics before this all gets worse than it is. I am going in to Devils Lake on Friday anyway to take a test so I can schedule the doctor appointment around the same time and then my mom and meet me at the clinic and take them home when the doctor appointment is done.

I had a WIC appointment today. I let the WIC woman know that Jessie is on formula now so WIC is covering that for us which is nice. I get 11 cans a month. I picked the 11 cans up right away before coming home and it cost WIC $185. That is about $17 per one 12 oz can. Thank God I'm not buying it.

I got my mail out of the mailbox when I got back from the WIC appointment. There was a letter from Altru Health System saying that we owed them $3,100. I called them and they said Medicaid paid the bill at the beginning of the year (when Jessie was born) but for some reason Medicaid took the money back. I gave the woman on the phone our current insurance number and she was going to run it through the system again. In the mean time, I called Benson County Social Services and let them know about the letter I got. Apparently BCSS got our insurance information screwed up. We used to have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of ND but when Darren switched jobs the insurance was switched as well over to Blue Cross/Blue Shield of MN. Some moron in the BCSS office changed the policy and identification numbers but didn't switch the state that the Blue Cross/Blue Shield was out of. So they didn't think we had a 3rd party insurance and paid all our bills. Then they found out that we did have insurance so they took all their money back but when the health systems tried to resubmit the claims nothing was going through because of the incorrect information. It was a huge mess and it took a lot of time to straighten up. It should be correct now....at least I am hoping so. I swear I spent have the day on the phone trying to clear that mess up.

My condolences go out to KSoFM tonight. A little while ago I heard on the news that the New York Yankees pitcher, Cory Lidle, died when the plane he was flying flew into a Manhattan apartment building. Being the super, gigantic Yankees fan he is, I am sure KSoFM is grieving. I bet this puts the playoffs in a whole different perspective for the team as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone