He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, February 04, 2006

NO MORE SPECIAL BABY APPOINTMENTS

Friday I took Jessie to the clinic to have her weight taken. She has gained her birth weight (plus some) back. She is now 5 lbs 9.3 oz. I am amazed that she put on 8 ounces in just a week without any supplimental feedings or anything. The doctor was really impressed and he said that he was suprised because she turned all the corners before he expected them too and now we just have our normal well baby visits...no more special appointments.

My mom came over today for a few hours so I could run into DL and cash my WIC checks. What a mess. The new WIC check system sucks. They say it's going to be eaiser and faster for everyone but I don't know how that's possible. I will have to explain it in more detail later. Also, Leevers is remodeling so it was harder than hell to find anything in that place. I think I spent an hour alone in the grocery store just finding things. My dad also came over and blew out my drive way and cleared walking paths for me since our yard filled in with snow. I am glad to have my parents so close when my husband is gone so much.

Tomorrow I think I am going to spend the day at my parents since it's the super bowl. I don't really have anything else planned for the week except EHS on Monday and Baby & I on Wednesday.

2 Comments:

  • At February 5, 2006 at 7:22 AM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    That's great news about Jessie.

     
  • At February 5, 2006 at 1:36 PM, Blogger April said…

    I thought your blog wasn't working! I couldn't get it to come up at home in DL... now I'm in GF, and I can see how much I missed! First, I totally understand why you couldn't talk to me when I called, I just wanted to make it a short call anyway to see how everything was, and just to say hi. Secondly, I think you are a supermom! You never once complained while you were preggers with Cassidy or Jessie. I wouldn't have even minded if you did! You care so much about other people and how they are doing that I think sometimes you forget to give yourself some pity... cause we are all allowed to do that sometimes! I'm so happy Jessie is doing so well! Is there a day this week that would be good for me to come see you guys? I'll call ya about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone