He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, January 23, 2006

MORE JESSIE NEWS

The 8 pm feeding up at the hospital went very well. Jessie nursed for 10 minutes off of both sides and the nurse's didn't have to finger feed her because she got enough milk. Darren and I stayed up at the hospital for a couple of hours before heading back to York. We got home around 11:30 and got some decent sleep since my mom and sister had Cassie for the night.

Yesterday I went back to the hospital around 10:30 am to make it for the 11:30 feeding. Jessie did wonderful! She nursed for 45 minutes!! The longest she has nursed for us yet. Jessie went right back to sleep after eating and I nursed her again at 3. She didn't nurse as long as the first time, but at least she is nursing well now.

I was surprised by the generosity at the hospital yesterday too. After the first feeding at the hospital, I went down to the cafeteria to get something to eat and the woman working there asked if I was the mother coming in all the time to fee her baby...she said that when I am there feeding the baby, I don't have to pay for my meals in the cafeteria. I was very shocked but at the same time grateful because I hate running out to get fast food and the fast food starts to get expensive when I have to pay for gas every other day to go back and forth to Devils Lake.

I called the hospital this morning and the nurse I spoke with gave us some good news. Jessie gained an ounce and a half from yesterday. The doctor wants to keep her yet though to make sure she continues to gain and isn't going to start losing again. I am hoping that if Jessie gains more again today/tonight that the doctor will let us bring her home tomorrow. She is close to a week and a half old and we want her home so we can really start feeling like a family.

My mom is going to watch Cassie again for me today when she gets off of work so that I can run into town and feed Jessie at 3:30. I will probably only be able to stay for the one feeding because my mom will have to get up early in the morning to go back to work so she can't keep Cassie too long.

I am just praying that we get that phone call tomorrow saying that our daughter has been discharged and can come home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone