He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, January 30, 2006

FINALLY A FAMILY AND ANOTHER PROBLEM

Finally on Wednesday the 25th, 12 days after she was born, Jessie was allowed to come home.

After finishing all the discharge paperwork, I took Jessie up to the 1st floor for Baby & I because Jessie was going to need to nurse, I wanted to talk to Mary Anne, the lactation consultant. about a few things, and I also had a doctor appointment later that day anyway.

When the lactation consultant asked me to introduce myself and my daughter to the group and tell them about all the "fun" we had been having the last two weeks I couldn't say anything. I was just so damn happy to be taking her home after two weeks that the flood gates opened up and the water ran wide. All I could do was cry, I couldn't even say my name.

After I calmed down and told our story some of the other moms told me about their experiences and how some of their babies were born early too. It felt good to be in a group of people and not feel alone because they knew how it felt.

Jessie has been a really good baby. All she does is eat and sleep. She hasn't been fussy once and Cassie really loves her little sister. I am also impressed with Cassie because she hasn't shown that she's had to make an adjustment. She knows Jessie is home and wants to hold her sometimes but most of the time Cassie just goes about doing her normal day to day things and I think that because Jessie just sleeps all the time has been a big part of that which I am grateful for because it makes it easier on myself and Darren.

APRIL - I was nursing Jessie when you called and I did want to talk to you. Cassie wasn't upset about anything. She was having fun playing in the clean cloths on the bed and was tossing them around when you called.

KARISSA & DOUG - Thanks for the wishes and comments. I have needed them a lot and it helped me keep a good attitude and outlook when I was feeling depressed.

KSoFM - How am I feeling??? I think you are going to be sorry you asked....I was great up until Saturday. Saturday Darren, his cousin, and my brother went to an ice fishing tournament. While they were gone I started to feel light headed and each time I stood up I got a head rush and a headache. After a while I got really bad abdominal cramps along with a very bad back ache and I am sure I had a fever because I would sweat to death and then the next hour I would be freezing. Thinking it was just the flu I didn't think anything about it. Sunday the fever was gone but I still had abdominal pain. Today around 10 am I had an abdominal crap that took me to the floor and made me cry, when I got up I felt a rush of fluid and went to the bathroom to check it out. I had bleeding, REALLY BAD bleeding that was super dark, like chocolate syrup dark. I called my mom right away and she told me to get in to the clinic. I called the clinic and the woman who answered the phone gave me a huge run around about how I should see my doctor who did the section in Minot. This problem couldn't wait so I called Mary Anne told her the run around I was getting so she spoke to the doctor who worked me in. My mom came home from work to watch the kids while I went into town. Mary Anne met me at the clinic and came into the doctors office with me......Now if you have a weak stomach, don't read the next part unless you REALLY want to know what happened......the doctor did a physical exam to see where the blood was coming from and why my abdomen was cramping and why it was so tender. Turns out that after delivery my body didn't expel all the blood clods and there is a clot in the opening of my cervix and my uterus is trying to push the clot out causing the cramping and the blood is from the clot that is actually liquefying and running out. YUCK!! GROSS!! Probably too much for you I know, I am sorry, but you asked. The doc thought about doing a DNC (dig-N-scrap) where they knock you out cold, go inside and dig everything out but he thinks that over a few days it should all liquefy and come out. However, if I get a fever again or if the pain doesn't go away after four days or so I am supposed to call him.

So......there it is. I am enjoying my time with Jessie and Cassie and I hope this clot comes out soon without another clinic visit.

Sorry I haven't kept everyone updated. So much has gone on in the last 3 weeks that I am just exhausted. I will try harder at keeping you all updated, I promise.

1 Comments:

  • At January 30, 2006 at 10:50 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I am soooo happy that the entire family is at home finally. I can only imagine how happy you are. The new pics of Jessie are great! Just from the different pictures I can tell that she's gained weight and looks healthier. I love all her hair and she is absolutely beautiful. I'm one of those people that doesn't think every baby in the world is cute, but Jessie definitely is. I hope everything keeps going well for you guys.

    I also had a clot after I had Isabella. Mine was found a few hours after I had my c-section and all they had to do was suction it out. I'm sorry that you've had to go through all that pain the last few days.

    Again, congrats on everything and I can't wait for all the updates. Don't feel bad if you can't blog on a regular basis because I'm pretty sure everyone understands how busy you are. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone