He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, February 26, 2006

DARREN'S CHRISTMAS PARTY

My mom came over to the house on Saturday to watch the girls while Darren and I went to his late Christmas party for Schwan's in Harvey. We left York at about 2 pm, stopped in Rugby and had our taxes done, and got to Harvey at 4.

We had supper at a place called The Artos. The food was good but the service was terrible. We were all sitting there for an hour before someone came and took our orders. While we were waiting for the waitress, people went over to the lounge and got drinks and poll tabs and the manager's wife from Schwan's was busing the table. After the experience of the service I wouldn't go back there for a while.

Then afterward we all went over to the manager's house. He has a big heated garage and there we all played shuffle board, pinochle, and a quarters game that was really fun. He also had two fridges stocked with drinks. Darren and I couldn't stay long because we had to get home but we stayed long enough so I could play two games of quarters...I lost both games...Darren played a few rounds of shuffle board and then after Wayne, the route driver for Devils Lake, showed me how to play shuffle board Darren and I paired up and played a game against two other employee's and won.

We headed home around 10. I honestly had a lot of fun. A lot more fun than I thought I was going to have. Everyone was very nice and some of the employee's were really funny. I wish we could have stayed longer.

One of the drivers called Darren today and said that everyone was over at the manager's place until 3 this morning!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone