He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, December 30, 2005

NESTING RAMBLING

Today I basically got the house back together after the Christmas holiday. How come one little holiday can trash your entire home in just moments? I have hit this huge "nesting" phase where things can't be clean enough and I don't feel like leaving the house very often unless it's to go to my moms.

In the next few days I am hoping to get all of the clothes Cassie really doesn't wear anymore put in boxes and organize her dresser drawers so they aren't such a mess when Grandma Hanson is here to help take care of her. I am also going to get the box of 0-3 month baby clothes out of the closet, dig out all the unisex outfits and all the onesies and get them washed up and ready to go.

Tomorrow my dad is coming over and he is going to help Darren put in a new toilet in the bathroom....finally....it's going to be nice to actually have a working toilet in the back bathroom again.

I don't know what we are going to do for New Years yet but I would like to do something. I don't want to sit in a bar because I'm so pregnant but this is really the last weekend that Darren and I can get out for a while because he has to work Saturday of next week to work ahead of his schedule to have the section day off. After the baby is born, it's going to be a while until we have a night out together again so it's important to me to get out one last time.

I baked Pumkin Squares tonight. They are basically a pumkin pie cake with a cream cheese marble. They are cooling off now and them smell wonderful and they taste so good. Another thing that I can't get enough of lately is chocolate milk, the God of all dairy products. I have been buying the Hershey's syrup and I can go through a bottle in about three days. I don't know if that much chocolate milk is good for a person but it's better than soft drinks.

I also have to get a pic of my belly taken for the new baby's scrapbook. I got to thinking about it and I haven't had a picture of me taken since Cassie's birthday party....well, and Christmas too...but I don't have a good pic that really shows off the belly and I need one.

~14 DAYS~

2 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2005 at 12:43 AM, Blogger April said…

    Janelle, first I want to appologise for not calling you today. I'm not gonna sugar coat it... I flat out forgot! I thought of you at lunch today, but when I got off work, I thought about all the stuff we're doing this weekend, I did some laundry, I cleaned, then we went out with Amanda and I forgot to call you, I'm really sorry, I hope you didn't anticipate it too much! We'll have to get together next week for sure okay! Oh, and I'd love to take those tummy pics! maybe I can get you into the studio and we can have fun. Once again, I'm sorry, My mind has been a non stop train of random thoughts lately, I LOVE YOU!!

     
  • At January 1, 2006 at 8:30 PM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    the pumpkin squares sound great! well, you're in the final stretch and the baby will be here in no time. i hope you had a fun new years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone