He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, December 23, 2005

GIFT WRAPPING, VISITING, AND MORE GIFT WRAPPING

The only thing productive that got done at my house today was that I washed the dishes and I got all of our Christmas presents wrapped.

Cassie fell asleep on the floor around 2:30 pm while watching Frosty The Snowman and I picked her up off the floor and put her in her bed. She slept until 5 pm. When she got up we went over to my mom's where I started to wrap the gifts that she needed to have wrapped.

After a little bit I needed a break from the whole present thing so I took a dozen home made buns and two cookie trays over to Curt and Marcie Broden. It was nice to talk to them for a while. I think I was over there for close to 2 hours. Marcie showed me this scrapbook that was mailed to them recently by a neighbor of Jesse and Tanya's in Commerce City, CO. I guess the neighbor got the pictures from Jesse, and there were many pages because Tanya took a camera with her every where she went. It was very beautiful and very sad. There were so many pictures of Tanya and how happy she and Jesse were together. It almost made me cry. Marcie said that the whole family sat around it and cried the day it came in the mail. While I was with Curt and Marcie, Cassie was being entertained by Tiffany's cat Dexter and after a while Cassie went downstairs with Tiff and they played with stuffed animals and Tiff's makeup.

Close to 8:30 I left Broden's and went back to my parents house to finish wrapping gifts. mike was home and Cassie was REALLY excited to see him. They played together and Cassie listened to Uncle Mike play guitar while I was busy...which was a big help since I didn't have to worry about her getting into too much. I am so tired of wrapping gifts. Thankfully nobody has a birthday anytime soon.

Cassie laid down shortly after we got home, which was past 10 pm.

Tomorrow we go to my parents for Christmas Eve, we will probably open gifts here at our house before we go over there. Then we head up to Willow City on Christmas Day to spend that time with Darren's family.

I hope that you all have a happy and safe Holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone