He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 26, 2005

OUR CHRISTMAS

We have had a very busy Christmas holiday.

Christmas Eve afternoon we opened gifts at our house before starting out the day. Then we all cleaned up and Darren took Cassie and I to my mom and dad's while he ran to Rugby to do some "Santa" shopping.

Mike and I had to run into DL around 3:00 to get some last minute gifts for my mom and my dad.

Darren showed up at my parents house shortly after Mike and I got back from DL. We had lasagna for supper and then opened gifts. Cassie got a bunch of cool stuff....Dora the Explorer toddler bed set, Candy Land game, very stylish clothes, books, DVD's, a little pink guitar, and she even got a HUGE hobby horse from Santa that was left at Nana and Grandpa's house.

We didn't get back to our house until 11:30. Little Cassie was VERY tired and went to bed shortly after we got home. Then Darren and I set out our Santa stuff and we went to bed too. Cassie was up around 9:30 and we all ate, showered, packed the car and went up to Willow City to spend Christmas Day with Darren's parents.

We had steak and fan-tailed shrimp for Christmas Day dinner and then opened gifts. Cassie got more books, clothes, and a Dora the Explorer plush chair. We were at his parents house until 6:00 and we decided to come home. Darren drove through town and noticed that one of his high school friends was in Willow and stopped to see him for a bit before we left town. Cassie was already sleeping in the car so I told Darren that I would wait in the car with Cassie. I don't know how long we were waiting because I fell asleep in the car waiting for Darren...if I had to guess I would say we waited about an hour then Darren came back to the car and we headed home.

We stopped back at my parents house because they always leave "Santa" gifts for us by their fireplace so we had to pick them up. I think Cassie was sleeping for the night because the light inside the car woke her up and she cried for at least a half hour. I felt bad and Darren was getting pissed but my mom took her to one of the bedrooms and got her calmed down. We didn't stay long and we went back to our house. When we got Cassie back home, we was sleeping in her own bed before 10.

I didn't get too many good pics, my camera doesn't like to take good indoor pics, but I should be getting some from people soon and I will have to go through the good ones that I have and post them for everyone to see.

~18 DAYS~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone