He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, November 28, 2005

COLD DAY

I was going to go over to my mom's house to wash cloths today but with how cold the wind is and with the light mist that froze to everything during the night, I don't want to chance having an accident on the road so I think Cassie and I might just hang out and watch TV today.

My mom called yesterday afternoon around 4 pm. They were still in Minneapolis. They were getting ready to go to church yesterday with my sister and my mom's Jeep died on the way to the church so my dad had to walk a couple of miles to an open gas station and have a tow truck come and get the Jeep. They found a mechanic place that was open and they were still waiting for the Jeep to get done. What a bummer. At least it happened in the city and not out in the middle of nowhere. My mom said that she called work and told them she wouldn't be to work on Monday and they were going to leave Monday morning. I told her to check The Weather Channel online cause during the football games they were announcing a bunch of really bad weather for the Grand Forks, Fargo/Moorehead, South Dakota, and Minnesota areas and it might not be a good idea for them to leave because they will be driving right into it.

My mom called me later in the evening and said that they checked the weather out and it's supposed to be really crappy around those areas today so they just might spend another night in Minneapolis at my sisters and not come home until Tuesday. She spoke to my uncle in Fargo, cause they dropped off Grandma at their house on they way to Minneapolis, and my uncle told them it was REALLY bad in Fargo already with all the freezing rain. The rain pretty much turned everything into a sheet of glass and people were in the ditches all over the place and it was only going to get worse with the weather today. With the roads the way the are, if they do get a foot of snow, and if the winds do gust up to 40 miles per hour like they are supposed too....that's a blizzard and I would rather have them in Minneapolis where they are safe than try to come home in it.

I have the DVD's of the old Rankin/Bass holiday classics that you see on TV a lot around this time of the year so I think it's a perfect day to dig them out and watch a few of them. Cassie really likes Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer anyway so it will be fun. I am even going to make some popcorn and some hot chocolate for the both of us to snack on while we watch the movies. I will put something in the oven for lunch that takes a little while to bake so I won't have to worry about getting up to make lunch during the shows and maybe even later Cassie and I will bake some cookies after her nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone