He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, October 17, 2005

ROAD TRIP

Darren called me this morning close to 10 am. He forgot his schwan truck keys here at the house along with the current tabs for his pick-up. Fortunately there was an extra set of keys at the depot that he could use today but he wanted me to bring his keys and tabs down to Harvey. Cassie was sleeping in, normally we are up by 9 am, and I told Darren that as soon as Cassie woke up and had breakfast I would get us both dressed and come down. After I got off the phone with Darren I called Billy quickly to see what she had planned today because I didn't want to take the car ride to Harvey alone cause it's a long way for one person with a child and if Billy and AJ came with us, Cassie and I both would have company. Billy called her husband to let him know that she was going with us, THANK GOD and we go on the road around noon. It was a little after 1 pm when we got down there. Immediately we dropped off Darren's stuff and then we drove around town for a little while. Billy had never been in Harvey before and I never drove around Harvey myself cause Darren always drove so we thought it would be a good experience for both of us. I showed Billy the neat little beach, boat dock, recreation area that they have right on the river along with all the really nice fancy houses along the shore. Then we pretty much drove up and down every street looking at homes. The kiddies were getting hungry so we stopped and ate at Hornbacher's Cafe. We were going to eat at the Pizza Ranch but we just missed their buffet. Then afterwards we went out to the Little Mart and bought Powerball tickets since nobody won the drawing the other night and after that we went to the park to let the kids release some energy before heading back home. I am really glad that Billy was able to come with me today, if she wouldn't have, I don't know what I would have done because it's a 2 hour round trip to drive from York to Harvey. We found some really nice homes for sale that I wouldn't mind buying but are out of our price range. I think Billy saw a home or two too that she was interested in. The kids passed out on the way home so Billy and I had a really good car ride home, it went really fast. I dropped Billy off at her house and chatted with her for a half hour or so and then Cassie and I headed to my parents place because I had my cloths in the trunk of the car and needed to at least wash Cassie's stuff. My dad took my mom, Cassie, and I out to eat at the cafe in Leeds for supper which was really nice of him.

Tonight in Leeds they burnt down an old house along HWY 2. It's about time the city did something about the house, it was an eye sore really. It was this huge run down green thing that nobody has lived in for years. I guess a farmer, from the Engstrome family, bought the land and they are going to turn it into a little craft barn type place for his wife who also does Ebay selling for people. The house burnt in huge flames that we could see all the way from my parents house and it didn't take too long to burn down.

Now I am extremely tired and I have to work on getting some of my house clean so I don't have to do it all tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2005 at 11:42 PM, Blogger April said…

    wow, looks like you guys had a fun day! Sometimes those unexpected events in a day are the most fun!

     
  • At October 18, 2005 at 12:55 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast said…

    You visited my blog, I'm so excited!!! I don't really know what I'm doing yet, hopefully it will get better. I check your blog for updates everyday, love to read what you guys are up to! Anyway, check out the Operation Eden blog...I love it, the guy is really talented!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone