He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

ULTRASOUND

Cassie and I woke up around 10 am. I stayed inside and pretty much sat by the phone because the clinic was supposed to call and let me know the time of my ultrasound. It got to be around noon so I called the clinic and they had not heard from the tech yet but expected him to call at any moment. I sat around and waited another hour and a half and at 1:30 I called the clinic back, the receptionist put me on hold to check about a time and when she came back on the phone she told me to be at the clinic by 4:30 pm. I explained to her that was a pretty crappy way of setting up their ultrasound. I and my daughter have a schedule that we like to keep up on and I have other things to do besides wait for a damn phone call and I have to feed Cassie and work in a nap and since I had things outside of the house I had to do and I don't have a cell phone, I could miss the call all together or not get the message on my answering machine right away. Even though I am a stay-at-home-mom it doesn't mean that I don't have anything to do and other apointments or jobs I need to get done. If I would have known right away at noon that I wouldn't have to be at the clinic until 4:30 I could have let Cassie lay down for her nap at 1 pm (her normal nap time) and still make it for my appointment, but instead I kept her up thinking that if I put her to nap that's when the clinic would call and want me there in an hour. I called Billy to let her know that I was going to pick her up right away so we could get into Devils Lake. I also had to run by my parents and help my dad pull start his tractor before I went into town. When we got to DL, the first thing we did was stop at a restaurant to feed the kiddies, then we did our shopping at Wal-Mart, and got to the appointment. We just made it to the clinic at 4:30 and the tech was sitting with the receptionists and he looked a little pissy right from the beginning. He did all the things that he needed to do for the ultrasound and I let him know that we would like to know the sex of the baby. (Darren called in the morning to tell me he wanted to know the sex) The tech seemed like he was getting a little fustrated and said that he couldn't tell for sure what the baby was because I am only 19 weeks along and it's hard to make out the sex of the baby until you are around 20 weeks. He said that he would guess that it is another girl but then that's like me saying that I guess it's a boy. Billy and I saw what we considered to be boy and girl parts so we didn't have a freakin' clue what the baby was when we walked out of the clinic. I don't even think the tech even gave me a percentage on his guess of the baby being a girl. I guess it is going to be a surprise for everyone now. All I know is that my doctor said that boy babies have lower heartbeats than girls. A girls heartbeat ranges from the 150's to 160's and the tech said that my babies heartbeat was only 135. I am guessing boy. After the appointment we grabbed coffee to go at the Liquid Bean and then we came home. I stopped at my mom's to watch House M.D. which is a really good show and then came home. When I got home I realized why the tech seemed so crabby. Sometime after I left the house, the receptionist had called me back to tell me that they would like me there at 3:45 instead of 4:30 so the tech was waiting 45 minutes for me to get to the appointment. I missed the clinic message just like I told the receptionist on the phone because I had shit that needed to be done. I am going to write an email to the administrator of the Towner County Medical Center and let them know something different has to be done about that.

Well for other news the doc that is delivering this baby spoke to my mom at work and said that the baby can be delivered at 38 weeks as long as it's healthy and I think my mom checked it on a calendar at the hospital and the week that I am 38 weeks (and the doc is scheduled to be at the hospital that weekend) is Friday the 13th. My mom said that she really doesn't want the baby born on Friday the 13th but what can you do about it.

I posted the ultrasound pics of the new baby. I hope you all enjoy them.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone