He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, September 26, 2005

MORE STUFF

The man who did cleaner out our sewer showed up at 8:30 am. Way earlier than I wanted to get up. I ran outside to show him where the usable outlets were so he could plug in his pump, then I wrote him out a check and went back to bed. Cassie got up around 9:30 am.

The rodeo was really a lot of fun. Brandi and her son, Carson, came with us. We knew we probably wouldn't make the whole duration of the rodeo because of the kids attention spans but we were there for about an hour and a half and got home around 7:00 pm so I thought that was actually really good because I was home at a decent time to give Cassie supper and then give her a bath and put her to bed. I only got about three good pics at the rodeo. I have a digital cam but it doesn't have the sports feature that lets you take good moving pics. I also couldn't resist buying Cassie her own little cowboy hat. I will have to post the pics later.

Today, Cassie had her wellness checkup at the doctors office. EHS needed one done. We found out that Cassie has a mild condition called tibial tortion. It's when the bone between the knee and ankle turn inward. It doesn't effect her walking at al and it usually goes away by the age of six. On the plus side, the doc said that people with tibial tortion usually turn out to be great long distance runners if Cassie should join track.

On the way home, I stopped by my moms and she, Cassie, and I grabbed the orange/white stray cat that my dad was keeping and took her to the vet. She started to get worse again, started loosing weight, couldn't meow, sneezed all the time, and her eyes were starting to water, she was loosing hair in great gobs, and her breath stunk worse than any thing imaginable. The vet kept the cat. She told my mom and I that there have been a lot of stray cats brought to her lately with distemper and leukemia and she thinks that the cat may have something chronic and might not get better from. I feel bad for the kitty and I don't think she's going to come back from the vet. The reason I say this is because the vet never EVER sent my pet crate home with me without the animal, she's always kept it. This time, she sent it home with me and told me to wash it out and disinfect it before I put my cat in it again.

Tomorrow my parents are getting DSL so I have to be at their place after Cassie and I have lunch so that there is someone at the house when NDTC gets there. I hope I am not waiting forever and it doesn't take too long....but I guess it really doesn't matter since I'm at their house very day anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2005 at 12:08 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    It's funny that you mention that since Cassie has tibial tortion she has a good chance of being a good long distance runner. Isabella likes to bang her head on things constantly, so I did some research to see if it was normal, and it actually is up until the age of 3, which at that age it can be a sign of autism. Anyways, long story short, it said that many children who bang their heads turn out to be smarter than children who don't. Crazy stuff man...

     
  • At September 27, 2005 at 9:26 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    That is crazy. We don't have a problem with head banging here, just a lot of dog riding, cat yanking, scribbling, and disney watching. I am pretty sure that Is will be a very smart little girl...look at all the stuff she already does. You and Doug have a little Einstein.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone