He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

SIDING, PAINTING, AND BABY

My parents came over to the house on Sunday around 12:30 pm to help us get started on the siding. We got a lot done by the time Darren's parents came over, which was about 3 pm or later. Darren's folks stayed until 7:30 or so and then they took off and my parents stayed until 9:30 to get the south side of the house finished. Everything got done except for the peak of the house cause it was getting to late. The house looks really great with the siding. My parents said that if there is a really nice day this week and they are not busy, they were going to come over and do the east side of the house for us since is just one of the little ends. That will be really nice. Dad kind of wants us to get all the siding on the house before winter too but we are almost out of the siding and we will have to buy some more and I don't know when Darren and I would get to Menards to pick more up. We will have to see...that would be great to get all the siding on!!

I primed and painted the front door today. I am going to have to sent pics so everyone can see the work that we are doing. If I was smart, I would have taken before and after pics of the house to show the improvements that just siding is making. I also have to have April check the picks and play with them for me. I am not sure if I want to go all the way to the roof with the same color or if I want the peaks in the house in white instead of the light blue/grey that we are doing. I thought April could play with it and we could check it out before we actually go out and buy the white siding and then decide that we aren't going to like it with two different colors.

I think Cassie has an ear infection. She was up three times the night before last and lastnight she cried a couple of times but the stopped right away so I didn't have to get out of bed. Today she has been just terrible, all day long she has done nothing but cry. Tomorrow I have Early Head Start but I am going to call the clinic and see if I can get Cassidy in tomorrow and if I have to call the EHS lady and tell her not to come then that's what I am going to have to do.

I bought my first item of baby cloths yesterday. It's a unisex sleeper/bunting. I figured I better get stocked up on those since this is going to be a winter baby.

The clinic also called me today. The ultrasound came back and everything with the baby is normal. That's a relief. However, even the ultrasound said that there was no report on the sexual organs because the sex was indeterminable at the time of the ultrasound but there was a note from the radiologist that read the ultrasound saying that another ultrasound may be done to have those checked before birth and if my doc decides to have that done, then maybe we can also find out what we are having....the day of my ultrasound Darren called me from on the road and said that he wants to know what the baby is before it's born. I must have gone through 10,000 names and I can't find a single one that I really like. I want to find something a little "western" but I also want it to have double consonants (Darren, Janelle, Cassidy...ect). The whole name game hasn't been much fun.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone