He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, July 01, 2005

CAKE, GIFTS, AND A MISSING FINGER (NOT TALKING ABOUT WENDY'S)

It's Darren's birthday today. I ran to Devils Lake to get some birthday stuff and then I baked a cake for Darren at my mom's when I got to her place. I didn't have a lot of money to buy him anything big like I wanted to, but I will hopefully have to opportunity to do so later. Darren won't be home to enjoy his gifts or cake until he gets home and when he called this afternoon he said that it was going to be around 2 am when he got here cause he was running late. When I was in town shopping I ran into a co-worker and she said that the guy that took over for Darren when he left got his hand caught in one of the ravioli machines last night when he was cleaning it. I guess it really mangled his ring finger and he is in a lot of pain. The co-worker doesn't think they can really help his finger and that the mangled part may have to be removed. To me, it kind of sounded like he lost the whole tip of his finger but it's hard to tell. He won't be working for 10 days and when he does go back to work he may not be able to do everything that he used to do. Darren and I are friends with the guy and we both feel pretty bad. I was thinking of calling the flower shop in Leeds and sending something to his house or we just may run out there this weekend to see how he's holding up. This is the second time that someone has caught their hand in the machines out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone