He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

GOODYEAR SCREWED ME

Billy Jo and I ran Darren's pickup into Devils Lake yesterday to have ball joints, two new tires, and an alignment done. When I dropped the pickup off at GoodYear, I told them those were the only things I wanted done and if there was anything else they thought they were going to have to do I left Billy's cell phone number with them to call and talk to me before they did anything. While we waited for the pickup to get done, Bill and I went to the Old Main to eat. We sat there and talked for about an hour and a half and when we were done at Old Main we did some running around for Billy. Then we went back to GoodYear to check on the truck. They guys said that it would be 5 or 5:30 so then we ran to K-Mart just to snoop then out to the Old Country School since Billy hadn't been there before and then out to Wal-Mart. We ran into a friend and stopped and talked to her for a while then headed back over to GoodYear. When the guy printed out the bill and handed it to me I just about passed out. The bill for everything was over $1,100. I told the guy I only wanted the joints, tires, and alignment. Well they went on saying that this needed to be done and this needed to be fixed so they did it. I never told them to do it and they never called to ask if they could make those changes. I wrote out a check for $300 and told them that my husband would be in over the weekend to discuss the bill with them. There were charges for about 9 different things on there. And just before I left, one stupid shit had the balls to think I was so stupid and told me that the truck needed to come back in a week because the parts settle after driving the vehicle for a while so the alignment will need to be rechecked. Are you frickin' kidding me! Like I would take the vehicle back after how the screwed me just because I am a woman. I told Darren that night about the bill and he got pissed. He said that the next morning he was going to call GoodYear and chew their butts and that they can just eat the extra charges because I didn't authorize them. I hope it all works out and that we don't get stuck with the total bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone