He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

PREGNANT, NO JOB, AND WITHOUT A HUSBAND

Today I was getting off of work and the manager caught me in the hall way on the way out and asked me to join him in his office. The plant's FedEx and Sample Kits were slowing down and the Sample Kits weren't turning out profitable for the plant anymore and they were just wasting time and money on them so they had to let me go today. So now I am pregnant, jobless, and my husband is gone all week so if something happens around home I have to try and fix it or pay someone to fix it for me. With York being so small and most of the population being farmers, there really aren't a lot of people around to help. I am really depressed about it because I was working at the plant to make my house payment so I am not sure what I am going to do about that now. I am going to check Job Service and a few other places to see if I can find a job relatively close by that will be worth keeping Cassie in Day Care and driving to. I doubt if I will find one as convenient as the plant. I really liked working there and I loved most of the co-workers. If I can't find something, I am not sure what I am going to do.

3 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2005 at 8:45 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Sorry to hear about your job, but congrats on beating the odds with your pregnancy!
    It was smart of you to raise a question about the Goodyear issue, because it sounded a little fishy, plus NO mechanic can do stuff without authorization from the customer. I'd tell them, "hey, thanks for the FREE parts you just gave me." Threaten them with a little legal consultation, and they'll back down.

     
  • At June 28, 2005 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks for the congrats on the baby, however, since I have been having such terrible luck with everything lately it's been really hard to get excited about everything because I feel like something will happen to take it all away again.

     
  • At June 30, 2005 at 12:39 AM, Blogger April said…

    I can't believe they are so stupid as to 'let you go'! Sorry to hear that, I don't think they really realize how much they DO need you until you're gone. Is there any other positions that you can do there at the plant?

    There's a place in town hiring graphic artists and I know you have experience with some of those programs... and I think if you had the software at home, you can work out of your house and only have to drive into town once or twice a week! Then you don't have to worry about gas, or getting Cassie to daycare because she'd be with you at home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone