He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 02, 2005

THE WEEKEND WAS A WASTE

Sunday afternoon around 2 we left for Minot, on our way there Darren took me through Harvey and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the town. There is actually a lot of stuff there for how small it is. We arrived in Minot around 5 and went right to Jeff and Jessica O'Rourke's place where we spent the night. Shitty thing was that the Mall closed that evening at 5 so we went to Target and picked up a few things. After we got done at Target we met Jeff and Jessica at Denny's and had supper then we all went over to Wal-Mart. Cassie had a wonderful time at the O'Rourke household. They have two dogs that are basset hound and labrador cross. They look just like basset hounds but they are black. One is pretty lean but the other one resembles a pig. All Cassie said the whole weekend was "PUPPY, PUPPY, PUPPY". The dogs actually did really good with Cassie after they got used to her. At first there was a lot of jumping but it didn't last too long. Monday at 10:30 I had my doctors appointment with Dr. Billings for my PCOS. Since I thought I knew where the building was, we left around a quarter after 10 for my appointment. We got to the building where I thought the OB/GYN office was but the guy at the information desk said that they moved to a different building just recently. So we went a block to another building that said OB/GYN on the sign. We stopped there and that wasn't the place either. We called the hospital and got the address for the new building and told them that we were driving around looking for it and we were obviously late for the appointment but they were nice about it. After driving around for another 20 minutes we found it...it was (and I am not joking) just six blocks from Jeff and Jessica's place. Right down the road infact, you didn't even have to turn off the main road leaving from their house, the freakin' road took your right past it. If I would have been paying attention while we were driving to the old location we would have saved ourselves a half hour. We ended up waiting another half hour (at least) in the waiting room and then another 20 minutes in the doctors office. When the doctor came in and checked over my records, he discovered the Devils Lake didn't send them any of my PCOS info from the clinic. So the doctor can't check, review, give me meds, or show me what was up with my ovaries until he gets the info. There are some blood tests that Dr. Billings wants and he is going to check with Dr. Petty to see if some or all the tests were done when I had the first blood draw back in March and is also going to request the ultrasound. If the tests weren't done, then I have to go back to DL for another blood draw then Dr. Billings will take a look at it and we will go from there. I asked him the main questions that I had on my mind and I didn't get everything answered and I didn't get everything out of the visit that I was hoping to, but the doc seemed to act like this really wasn't too big of a deal so that I just how I am going to handle it. He did, however, call in two prescriptions for me, one for Glucophage and one for a birth control pill. I am not supposed to fill them until we know for sure what I have though because it would be pointless to fill them if I don't have PCOS for sure. I am upset because we did all that basically for nothing. I wish DL would have transferred my files but there isn't anything that can be done about it. I will just have to wait to see tomorrow when I call DL to see if I have to go in for a blood draw or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone