He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

LOOK AT HER NOW

Cassie damn near gave me a heart attack while I was at my mothers today. I went over to her place to wash a pair of jeans that Darren needs for Saturday. I got real involved into what I was doing and I noticed shortly that Cassie wasn't with me. I hollered for her and I could hear her in my parents bedroom. I went in to the bedroom to find Cassie up on the waterbed throwing around an open bag of cough drops. I couldn't believe she got on the bed all by herself. She crawls up on the couches all the time at home and even crawls into the chair in front of the computer and bangs away on the keyboard like she is typing something. Later, she even lifted herself up on my parents coffee table as we were watching TV. It gave me such a shock I choked a little on my snack trying to get her off the table. She is getting so brave. She isn't afraid of anyone or anything. I hope she doesn't seriously hurt herself anytime soon. Now I really have to pay attention to what she is doing. When she was crawling I thought that was tough keeping her out of things. I was wrong, the fun just started and it isn't getting any easier. AND I LOVE IT!

1 Comments:

  • At April 27, 2005 at 11:14 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I know how you feel. Its scary as hell when Isabella tries to throw herself off the couch or just falls to the floor from the standing position, or when she eats new foods that I'm imagining that she's going to choke and die from. But at the same time its so damn exciting to see her learning new things. I love how kids are so brave and not afraid to try new things and do things that adults know are dangerous. I know that can get kids into trouble sometimes, but it'd be amazing to be fearless like that again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone